autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Rupes 15ES Won't Start

So my two year old Rupes won't start...I've replaced the brushes and still nothing...not even a hum like it wants to start. Any suggestions on where I can send it for repair or just what might me keeping it from starting?

Thanks in advance for your responses...

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rupes 15ES Won't Start

someone else had an issue with their Rupes 21...
    https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/116375-rupes-customer-service-number.html

hopefully, you get it taken care of...

3. Thanks NYC-Style thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VISITOR View Post
    someone else had an issue with their Rupes 21...
    https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/116375-rupes-customer-service-number.html

hopefully, you get it taken care of...
    You are a strange fellow. Every time somebody else has another problem with another tool, you are the first to jump on and tell them that defects occur and no tool is perfect. However, when it comes to RUPES you point o​ut that somebody else had a problem and on their post you ask how many hours you have?

5. Thanks custmsprty thanked for this post
    Likes custmsprty, cwilliams4296, The Guz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NYC-Style View Post
    So my two year old Rupes won't start...I've replaced the brushes and still nothing...not even a hum like it wants to start. Any suggestions on where I can send it for repair or just what might me keeping it from starting?

Thanks in advance for your responses...
    Yes, you can send it to the RUPES Factory in Colorado for a flat-rate repair.

Covered in the $85 dollar fee is shipping both ways, the tool receives full cleaning and inspection.

Brushes and shrouds are replaced on the tool.

Cords are inspected and replaced as needed.

Modules are inspected and replaced as needed.

Front and rear handles are replaced as needed.

In other words, for 85 dollars your tool is sent into the factory, and the team of guys in the US that actually build these tools, takes them apart and services them with all items you need, plus shipping is included both ways. }

Damage to the center section, rotor, and stator are not covered in this program because of the additional labor required.

Call RUPES USA at 970-535-0100 to get started.

7. Thanks custmsprty, NYC-Style thanked for this post
    Likes custmsprty, dlc95, WaxMaster1, The Guz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Todd@RUPES View Post
    Yes, you can send it to the RUPES Factory in Colorado for a flat-rate repair.

Covered in the $85 dollar fee is shipping both ways, the tool receives full cleaning and inspection.

Brushes and shrouds are replaced on the tool.

Cords are inspected and replaced as needed.

Modules are inspected and replaced as needed.

Front and rear handles are replaced as needed.

In other words, for 85 dollars your tool is sent into the factory, and the team of guys in the US that actually build these tools, takes them apart and services them with all items you need, plus shipping is included both ways. }

Damage to the center section, rotor, and stator are not covered in this program because of the additional labor required.

Call RUPES USA at 970-535-0100 to get started.
    This is actually a great deal.

Post Thanks / Like

You are a strange fellow. Every time somebody else has another problem with another tool, you are the first to jump on and tell them that defects occur and no tool is perfect. However, when it comes to RUPES you point o​ut that somebody else had a problem and on their post you ask how many hours you have?
    was curious if Pat (long time member) had used his LHR21/MK2 for long periods/hundred of hours before the problem occured (apparently not many). in this thread i linked a thread where the OP could get the contact info (sorry, don't know the info) with someone who had recently had an issue with theirs as well (members might PM each other for info and/or questions)..

Post Thanks / Like

Mostly because it is completely true. No matter how good a manufacturing process is, there will always be a small number of units that leave the factory that end up not working. Some of the bad units will be DOA, some will fail a short while into their expected life span, and some later on, but still much less than their expected life span. This leaves out units being mishandled/damaged in transportation or in warehouse movement.

There is no manufacturing process in the world that has zero defects. NONE. Some are better than others, but none are perfect. Nobody can afford the prices for a product that has a production process that has zero defects. Its the old "20% of the money can get you 80% of the defects, and additional 80% can get you an additional 18% of the defects. Getting the remaining 2% will cost you 10000%." Are you willing to pay that 10000% cost on your product?

11. Likes Finick, VISITOR liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dlc95 View Post
    This is actually a great deal.
    I agree! That gives me much more peace of mind. I put 4-5 hours a day on my g15 and haven't had a single problem other than going through a few sets of carbon brushes. It's performance on speed 6 with the washer mod is about equal to speed 3.5 or 4 on my mkII w/ the washer mod. The Rupes MKII is better in every way but now that I've surpassed my 1-year warranty I've been reaching for my g15 most of the time. I'm thrilled rupes has implemented a way for those of us who take exceptional care of our tools to be able to pay a flat fee and have any general maintenance the tool needs taken care of. That was the peace of mind I needed! Thanks!!

13. Likes dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkritsilas View Post
    Mostly because it is completely true. No matter how good a manufacturing process is, there will always be a small number of units that leave the factory that end up not working. Some of the bad units will be DOA, some will fail a short while into their expected life span, and some later on, but still much less than their expected life span. This leaves out units being mishandled/damaged in transportation or in warehouse movement.

There is no manufacturing process in the world that has zero defects. NONE. Some are better than others, but none are perfect. Nobody can afford the prices for a product that has a production process that has zero defects. Its the old "20% of the money can get you 80% of the defects, and additional 80% can get you an additional 18% of the defects. Getting the remaining 2% will cost you 10000%." Are you willing to pay that 10000% cost on your product?
    You missed the point, but I can understand why. The problem isn't the accuracy of the statement, it is the way that some people who have a history of bashing brands go out of there way to make other brands look bad.

15. Likes dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mwoywod View Post
    I agree! That gives me much more peace of mind. I put 4-5 hours a day on my g15 and haven't had a single problem other than going through a few sets of carbon brushes. It's performance on speed 6 with the washer mod is about equal to speed 3.5 or 4 on my mkII w/ the washer mod. The Rupes MKII is better in every way but now that I've surpassed my 1-year warranty I've been reaching for my g15 most of the time. I'm thrilled rupes has implemented a way for those of us who take exceptional care of our tools to be able to pay a flat fee and have any general maintenance the tool needs taken care of. That was the peace of mind I needed! Thanks!!
    Because RUPES is an actual manufacturer, and because we have a factory in the USA, we can be more flexible than other companies can be. With our new, 38,000 sq.ft., factory opening soon and full assembly of certain tools in the USA, we can be even more flexible. This program is away to express our flexibility in a way that benefits the customer. $85.00, flat-rate with shipping, for factory inspection and repair is a smoking good deal... and we are very happy to be able to offer it.

17. Likes mwoywod liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast