autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

New black vehicle

So I just bought a new black Silverado. Any recommendations or tips on products specifically used for black vehicles?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: New black vehicle

When I owned a black car, I mainly used collinite 845 and it made it look great!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Silverado...... best advice is get a mouth piece when u drive. They have a very bad vibration issue.
    2017 BMW M2 - 2017 Ram Laramie - 2016 Subaru Outback - 2015 Ram Outdoorsman
    2006 VW Jetta TDI - 2003 Duramax Diesel - 1999 Jeep Cherokee

4. Thanks DavidAl thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Want to expand on the vibration? Love to hear what year you had, cab and bed configuration, wheel and tire size, engine trans combo. Don't think I've ever hear this beforw

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I use to have a 99 Silverado, no vibe issues. Since I have had a 2008 Tahoe and 2016 Tahoe which have the same chassis, and no issues.

Also for Black, since all of the above have been black...i like Griots BOS detailer or Adams detail spray, 845 is good, just keep it light because I did have it haze up on me after buffing. I also like McKees high gloss detail spray and their new extender spray wax, Along with Adams Guard and Gloss. So with that said, pretty much anything that contains Silica, is going to give black a POP, and then go over it with a nice carnauba and it will look like its dripping.

And in between washes I use to use the above detailers, but I just discovered griots new rinsless, the purple stuff. Its really cool, because you can dilute it and use it for daily wipe downs, just be careful, the wife might get mad when you're in the garage all the time

Post Thanks / Like

The K2xx came out in 2014. Anything before is differnt. The frame is a HSLA steel that is very light (for fuel economy) but at the same time stiff. This would be ok if the rest of truck was built correctly. Any one small issue gets magnified thru the frame and is felt thru your butt a d steering wheel. Low quality Goodyear tires (built to GM spec) out of balance drive shaft, Torque conveter, the 6 speed trans, shocks..... all you need is one of the items to have vibration. Have multiple and it's just that much worse. It's usually felt at 55-70 mph and can been seen with passages seat shaking. Google search Silverado vibration and read away. I was directly told by GM about this issue and they will not address it to public.

My truck was a crew short bed LTZ 4x4. 5.3 with 6 speed. I had $7k with of stuff replaced within 5k miles and it never was fixed. I got rid of it.
    2017 BMW M2 - 2017 Ram Laramie - 2016 Subaru Outback - 2015 Ram Outdoorsman
    2006 VW Jetta TDI - 2003 Duramax Diesel - 1999 Jeep Cherokee

Post Thanks / Like

The older trucks...gmt800 had the same issue. Mainly on the extended cab long box model. They had what was called frame beaming. They came out with a monstrous rear cab mount and the issue went away. It also happened just before converter lockup at 45mph and up through about 60-65. Mine will do it from 50-80 if I'm on concrete interstate due to the expansion joints. I experience the same passenger seat "bucking"

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Others?

Post Thanks / Like

My black 2016 F150 is my daily so I decided to try consumer grade ceramic coating. After 4 months it's awesome and cleans up nice and is very self washing. Wished I did it before last winter. If it last a year -18 months I'll be pleased.
    I did wash, iron-x, clay then polished, panel wipe and QSL. After a couple weeks I washed and hit it with reload and will continue to hit it with that a few times a year.
    Looks dripping all the time.

Post Thanks / Like

for a sealant I would get one of the Collinite waxes or FK1000p. The black paint will get hot from the sun and you'll want something that lasts. Or a paint coating.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast