autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: After the rain

Post Thanks / Like

After the rain

A scenario that seems to be common enough for me that I should have a standard procedure.

So I drive 35 nasty highway miles in a pouring rain. Like any good Autogeek I recently put Fuizon over a couple week old coat of WGPS3.0 so when I stopped hard in the garage nearly all the rain rolled off. So the car is now a little wet and road grimy especially the rear and aft of the wheels.

What to do?

I have two bucketed in a light rain and pulled in the garage to dry.

I have just hit it with a rinseless which seems to be good enough.

I have also tried a waterless.

So, does it make any sense or have any benefit, to wash the paint minutes after pulling in the garage or am I asking for trouble? (if the chance of rain the next day is less than, say, 50%)

Post Thanks / Like

Re: After the rain

I would wait until it stops raining and to a 2bm.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rajon View Post
    A scenario that seems to be common enough for me that I should have a standard procedure.

So I drive 35 nasty highway miles in a pouring rain. Like any good Autogeek I recently put Fuizon over a couple week old coat of WGPS3.0 so when I stopped hard in the garage nearly all the rain rolled off. So the car is now a little wet and road grimy especially the rear and aft of the wheels.

What to do?

I have two bucketed in a light rain and pulled in the garage to dry.

I have just hit it with a rinseless which seems to be good enough.

I have also tried a waterless.

So, does it make any sense or have any benefit, to wash the paint minutes after pulling in the garage or am I asking for trouble? (if the chance of rain the next day is less than, say, 50%)
    Good to see someone with like-minded thoughts. I have the same feeling about the road scum near the wheels and lower sides of my car after driving in the rain. To me, it makes a lot of sense to wash the paint within minutes while it is still wet. I hit mine with ONR+W (I also have deep gloss paint sailed topped with Fuzion) and now I have a gallon of Fuzion spray wax which I plan to use after the ONR+W in order to make that area as slick as possible. I have spray bottles of ONR+W and Fuzion spray wax plus MF towels in the trunk, too.

This is all dependent on how much time I have to pull this off.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Route246 View Post
    Good to see someone with like-minded thoughts. I have the same feeling about the road scum near the wheels and lower sides of my car after driving in the rain. To me, it makes a lot of sense to wash the paint within minutes while it is still wet. I hit mine with ONR+W (I also have deep gloss paint sailed topped with Fuzion) and now I have a gallon of Fuzion spray wax which I plan to use after the ONR+W in order to make that area as slick as possible. I have spray bottles of ONR+W and Fuzion spray wax plus MF towels in the trunk, too.

This is all dependent on how much time I have to pull this off.
    Awesome ideas. I am using the Wolfgang rinseless diluted to whatever it said to use as a waterless. I will give the ONR a shot next.

Post Thanks / Like

I think it makes sense to wash the car after a rain while it is still wet. The dirt's certainly not going to come off easier if you allow the car to dry.