autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Chinese Tornadors / Air Blow Guns

Hello,

I was looking at some Tornador z-020 and z-014 kind of air guns online, I've seen some products on aliexpress. Here in Turkey, due to unavailability of Tornador brand and Würth killing it with their price, I'm in search mode. Have anyone tried air guns from aliexpress before? Some sellers on there has more than 98%+ positive feedback so my concern is more like a quality level rather than useless product deliveries.

Sorry for being cheap. I didn't hesitate to buy full Rupes Bigfoot line and replacing my DeWalt with new Flex. But, when it comes to air gun with funky nozzle, I'm little reluctant to pay 380$ to Würth for Top Gun.

And for last, I'm sorry if this topic was opened before. I've searched related sections for that.

Good day, nice detailing.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Chinese Tornadors / Air Blow Guns

I got one from aliexpress and it was same as NA one.

Have not used it much as my compressor is not powerfull enough.
    Crispy 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix DD, always clean (except today) Hobby Detailer

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crispy View Post
    I got one from aliexpress and it was same as NA one.

Have not used it much as my compressor is not powerfull enough.
    Thanks buddy, but overall they all look same. Some said ball bearings can stuck easily. I guess that's the most distinctive difference. I've got time so I'll search little bit more.

Post Thanks / Like

I had one and sold it. The guy I sold it to says it works good. It does go through a lot of air though. I would recommend a compressor with a 20 gallon tank minimum. I'm sure 10 gallon would work, I assume there would be a fair amount of time waiting for the compressor to build up pressure.
    2015 F-150 Crew Cab Lariat
    2016 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS

Mike Phillips

There was a Chinese company with a booth at SEMA last year hawking their copy of the Tornador and SEMA staff closed their booth down and marched the people in the booth out of the show.

Not sure all the reasons behind the move but my guess is due to patent infringements.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    There was a Chinese company with a booth at SEMA last year hawking their copy of the Tornador and SEMA staff closed their booth down and marched the people in the booth out of the show.

Not sure all the reasons behind the move but my guess is due to patent infringements.

Ha! Nice! Chinese Tornadors / Air Blow GunsChinese Tornadors / Air Blow Guns

Post Thanks / Like

I was curious about them using the same name. The main reason I bought it was to see if it was an actual Tornador. While the Chinese are notorious for stealing patented designs they usually don't market them with the same name. The only difference I was able to see, obviously I couldn't see the bearings which I'm sure are different, was that it was off just enough that the Tornador vaccum attachment wouldn't work.
    2015 F-150 Crew Cab Lariat
    2016 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DaveT435 View Post
    I had one and sold it. The guy I sold it to says it works good. It does go through a lot of air though. I would recommend a compressor with a 20 gallon tank minimum. I'm sure 10 gallon would work, I assume there would be a fair amount of time waiting for the compressor to build up pressure.
    Thank you buddy. I didn't think about air consumption but I've a compressor with 300 liters in the shop. I think 300 L is around 80 gal. It would be fine.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Mike
    I didn't think about patent rights. Since Chinese producers doesn't care about them, I'll check WIPO. Maybe I can find a legit producer through patent rights.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Chinese Tornadors / Air Blow Guns

Quote Originally Posted by DaveT435 View Post
    I was curious about them using the same name. The main reason I bought it was to see if it was an actual Tornador. While the Chinese are notorious for stealing patented designs they usually don't market them with the same name. The only difference I was able to see, obviously I couldn't see the bearings which I'm sure are different, was that it was off just enough that the Tornador vaccum attachment wouldn't work.
    I've seen fake DeWalt's products from China. I especially looked for details on polisher and battery drill, they looked exactly like the original. Also seller was honest enough to tell me that they don't perform anywhere close to the originals. Tornador replica wouldn't be a problem for them I guess. :/
    My main concern is the bearing. There's no vacuum attachment for them here in Turkey. So compatible design is not a concern.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast