autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Mobile car "repair" spray painted my car and made a mess! How can I undo what he did?

I hired one of the "mobile car repair" clowns to fix a rust area on my SUV. He made a mess of it -- lumpy body filler, and he spray painted unmatched color all over the good area with overspray all over the place (I don't think he spray painted clear, but not sure). I know I can do a better job than he did if I can undo his mess.

I want to undo what he did; remove his spray paint that's on my good paint and clear.

I've found that I can take my fingernail and scratch away his spray paint (I think it's paint, I don't think it's clear) and reveal my original paint and clear underneath. But scratching and chipping away the bad work is long and tedious and it's a lot of area -- about a 3 sq ft area with varying thickness from heavy to overspray.

What can I do?

As you can see in the photo, I've scratched away with my fingernail some of the bad paint on the left and revealed the good paint and clear underneath.
    Mobile car "repair" spray painted my car and made a mess! How can I undo what he did?-img_20170702_135241-jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mobile car "repair" spray painted my car and made a mess! How can I undo what he did?

Man that just sounds like a bad idea all around. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mobile car "repair" spray painted my car and made a mess! How can I undo what he did?

remove all the body filler and bring the car to a professional
    Paul - 2010 Malibu

Post Thanks / Like

i'd stop peeling it and just take it to someone who is a pro painter, this is beyond just some detailing...
    Back to the full-time grind.

Post Thanks / Like

belt sander

Post Thanks / Like

Don't pay him/ dispute the transaction! Unless he told you he wasn't sure of the outcome and you agreed, I would think the service paid for was not met. That looks like terrible work for someone in this business.

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

Post Thanks / Like

I think you may leave it as it is because if you did something will be more damage your car paint and next time be careful to select your printer because paint is one of the most important part of your car

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a case of: You get what you pay for. Also, most mobile guys are not really equipped to repair rust- just minor cosmetic repairs on bumpers. I did this for a living 12 years ago- we would charge $125 for half a bumper and $250 for a full- at those prices there was a minimal profit margin.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by amyanderson View Post

I think you may leave it as it is because if you did something will be more damage your car paint and next time be careful to select your printer because paint is one of the most important part of your car

Your commercial website links have been removed from your Profile Page and also from your Signature Line. I gave you a custom Avatar too...

I find banning spammers like a sport that I excel in.