autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Newbie Member Artisan Detailing's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Idea for a "advanced" AIO detail

On the latest competition ready episode...the '55 chevy Mike used a SONAX spray wax. First how well does that last? My idea would be to instead of using a AIO to just use a nice polish with more cut even 205 and then use the spray wax. Application of the spray wax seems like it would just take a few minutes. By using a polish/compound you would get a much more swirl free removal and overall better finish. Mike and others, what is your opinion on doing that compared to
    a traditional AIO? Or was that spray wax a temporary(it's all
    temp but I'm meaning much shorter than what a AIO delivers)thing that just provided shine for the car show competition?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Idea for a "advanced" AIO detail

Anybody?

Post Thanks / Like

why not use a spray wax on top of your LSP which can include an AIO...

Post Thanks / Like

Because for this thread I was trying to see if there was a way to
    Do better paint correction, basically 2 step results but the same time frame as a AIO. If the spray wax is good enough it seems like it's worth it.

Post Thanks / Like

•IMO (and depending on how a person
    totals-up/charges-for detailing-steps):

-Using an abrasive product; followed
    by an LSP application (to me: that's a
    "two-step" process)...

would have to take longer to complete;
    (and time is money)...

-than by just using an All-In-One
    (to me: that's a "one-step" process).

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

Bob said it spot on.

No matter how you cut it, its either 1 step or 2 step. You as a sales person can do whatever you want.
    You can do a polish/spray wax and call it a one step if you want but you should educate the customer the proper terms and the differences between 1 and 2 step processes.
    And then offer them a 2 step process and discount your work as a 1 step. You will have to go around the car 2 times and customer only pays you to go around car 1 time. All up to you.

Tom

Tom

Mike Phillips

[QUOTE=Artisan Detailing;1493269]

On the latest competition ready episode...the '55 chevy Mike used a SONAX spray wax.

First how well does that last?

[/quoate]

I belive we used SONAX Polymer Net Shield on the 1955 Chevy, while it is a spray on product it's not a wax but a synthetic paint sealant. Here's the link for more info and it can last up to 6 months depending upon how you wash the car or more specifically TOUCH the paint.

Sonax Polymer Net Shield, sonax polymer netshield, sonax profiline polymer netshield

Being that the 1955 Chevy is a show car - that application could last for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Artisan Detailing View Post

My idea would be to instead of using a AIO to just use a nice polish with more cut even 205 and then use the spray wax. Application of the spray wax seems like it would just take a few minutes. By using a polish/compound you would get a much more swirl free removal and overall better finish.
    That's a good 2-step approach. Use a fine cut polish and then seal with a dedicated wax or sealant. The key would be to find a spray on product you like and then stick with it.

Mike and others, what is your opinion on doing that compared to a traditional AIO?
    Both the 1-step approach end the 2-step approach have their place. It kind of comes down to you.

I use the 1-step approach on my own truck because I want to clean, polish and protect it in one step.

Or was that spray wax a temporary (it's all temp but I'm meaning much shorter than what a AIO delivers) thing that just provided shine for the car show competition?
    The SONAX Polymer Net Shield is a non-cleaning synthetic sealant and when creating a show car finish for a show car you typically don't apply a cleaner/wax but a dedicated, non-cleaning wax, sealant or paint coating.

If you compound and polish the paint, then to use most one-step cleaner/waxes after compounding and polishing would be working backwards and you might actually dull down the results you created by using dedicated compounds and polishes.

Make sense?

What are you working on?

Mike Phillips

Anybody?

You're first post was on a Saturday and this follow-up is on a Sunday - nothing wrong with that but after answering question most of the normal work-week, (Monday through Friday), sometimes I don't get back onto the forum until Monday, which is today and see my reply above.

Post Thanks / Like

Everything you guys said makes sense. I guess what I was thinking was a sort of inbetween option for like 2012 and older daily drivers, not trashed but a little worn to where AIO is not quite enough hypotheticallly speaking let's say a 1 step AIO is $200 and a 2 step is $350. If you used a good polish/compound with good cut to it you could have a 2 step but your only going around the car once with the buffer. I realize the spray wax or sealant rather is "going around" the car but with no buffer it's not s huge deal. So then you could give 2 step Results for $300 and fill the gap for that certain type of car and customer. Another good thing is everything gets sealed with the SONAX product...I'm interested in using that for sure. Anyway that was my though for a kind of 1 step 2.0 or howeverbyou want to sell it. I'm just finding that I could possible fill a gap for a certain type of person and if the spray delivers the goods it's could be s way to close the deal and get properly compensated.

Post Thanks / Like

Also I didn't mean to sound impatient Mike, I know this is your section but I never expected you to reply so thanks!! I was just seeing what others thought cuz I figured there's always people on the site. Didn't mean for it to come off that way. Thanks again!! Been lurking awhile and I LOVE this site!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast