autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Idea for a "advanced" AIO detail

if i was going to polish/compound with a dedicated product, i wouldn't only use a spray wax for the main protection but instead use it as a topper (if desired). to each his or her own...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Artisan Detailing View Post
    Everything you guys said makes sense. I guess what I was thinking was a sort of inbetween option for like 2012 and older daily drivers, not trashed but a little worn to where AIO is not quite enough hypotheticallly speaking let's say a 1 step AIO is $200 and a 2 step is $350.
    Here is some food for thought on this:

You can essentially adjust the cut of the AIO by using different pads. More aggressive pad, more aggressive cut. This isn't always ideal, but gives you an option and for the customers at your pricepoint, IMO, it doesn't need to be "perfect". This also gives you a chance to do an add-on, with a spray wax like D156, and make a couple extra bucks for some additional protection, with minimal effort on your end.

If you used a good polish/compound with good cut to it you could have a 2 step but your only going around the car once with the buffer. I realize the spray wax or sealant rather is "going around" the car but with no buffer it's not s huge deal. So then you could give 2 step Results for $300 and fill the gap for that certain type of car and customer. Another good thing is everything gets sealed with the SONAX product...I'm interested in using that for sure. Anyway that was my though for a kind of 1 step 2.0 or howeverbyou want to sell it. I'm just finding that I could possible fill a gap for a certain type of person and if the spray delivers the goods it's could be s way to close the deal and get properly compensated.
    You will find this will leave you with worse results than an AIO. If you just compound and expect to be able to top it, you are going to be disappointed as compounding will generally leave a bit of a haze behind. At this point you need to follow up with a polish so you've added a step. And therefore added more work.

Additionally most AIO's have more cut than a polish like M205. They sit closer to a polish than a compound, but with more cut than a polish.

Ala-cart services and bumping your pricing might be a better approach from the sales perspective.

Post Thanks / Like

I've used sonax and optimum spray wax over klasse aio. Since the klasse doesn't bead water thought I'd try that. After one good rain there was little beading on the hood. Not sure that method would please a customer if they expect water beading to last awhile. Seems to be something better for use over a sealant.

Post Thanks / Like

I would say use something with decent cut that finishes well, like Meguiar's D151 Paint Reconditioning Cream with a relatively aggressive pad. Then top with Ultimate Fast Finish. Hard to beat a "spray sealant" that can last well also.
    Lydia's Mobile Detailing
    Professional Detailing since 2007
    Green 1997 Dodge Dakota SLT V8 & Silver 2007 Honda ST1300

Newbie Member Artisan Detailing's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks all of you for your input. Im
    Using HD speed now and get great results, it's just this certain type of car/customer I get maybe 1 or 2
    A month that the HD doesn't have enough cut. I feel like 205 has more cut than most AIO's?
    Either way I'm interested in finding uses for the higher end spray sealants. I'd also like to
    Try Wolfgang or Mckees AIO Which I believe has more cut than HD speed But I do love HD speed and it works great for like 85%!of my daily driver custy's

This may be another thread topic or has been covered a lot but I've done a small amount of experimentation with mixing products. In one of those smaller wax dispensers input 3 parts HD speed 1 part 205 and it ended pulling water spots off of a car that HD wouldn't. This was AFTER multiple pads with the plain HD. I kinda like the mad scientist stuff!! So fun, I
    Just love detailing!!! And will
    try out the "Frankenstein polish waxes"' on my own cars first.

Post Thanks / Like

Problem with using PNS on a customer car is many times they will instantly start touching the paint on pick up they expect smooth and slick! PNS is not slick, smooth yes but more tactile feeling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks all of you for your input. Im
    Using HD speed now and get great results, it's just this certain type of car/customer I get maybe 1 or 2
    A month that the HD doesn't have enough cut. I feel like 205 has more cut than most AIO's?
    Either way I'm interested in finding uses for the higher end spray sealants. I'd also like to
    Try Wolfgang or Mckees AIO Which I believe has more cut than HD speed But I do love HD speed and it works great for like 85%!of my daily driver custy's

This may be another thread topic or has been covered a lot but I've done a small amount of experimentation with mixing products. In one of those smaller wax dispensers input 3 parts HD speed 1 part 205 and it ended pulling water spots off of a car that HD wouldn't. This was AFTER multiple pads with the plain HD. I kinda like the mad scientist stuff!! So fun, I
    Just love detailing!!! And will
    try out the "Frankenstein polish waxes"' on my own cars first.
    Use something like menzerna 2500 then blackfire crystal seal. That would give you good cut and be quick

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fightnews View Post
    Use something like menzerna 2500 then blackfire crystal seal. That would give you good cut and be quick
    I use Poli-Seal (AIO).

I use a green pad on DA and it works very well.

Have used on single stage and basecoat/clearcoat.

Great results and minimal effort.

It is not "show room" but dosen't take 18 hours.
    Crispy 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix DD, always clean (except today) Hobby Detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LydiaGP View Post
    I would say use something with decent cut that finishes well, like Meguiar's D151 Paint Reconditioning Cream with a relatively aggressive pad. Then top with Ultimate Fast Finish. Hard to beat a "spray sealant" that can last well also.
    another great combo is megs white wax topped with ultimate quik wax...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crispy View Post
    I use Poli-Seal (AIO).

I use a green pad on DA and it works very well.

Have used on single stage and basecoat/clearcoat.

Great results and minimal effort.

It is not "show room" but dosen't take 18 hours.
    Unless it's soft paint, I agree that Poli-seal is a great AIO and I ALWAYS reach for it when I can simply because I can use it directly over rubber and plastic trim to deep clean it as well as the paint. If you look at Poli-seal on the Autopia website it says "new formulation coming soon". Has anyone heard anything about the upgraded poli-seal formulation or when we can expect it to be released?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast