autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Foam gun

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Foam gun

Just curious how you find these threads on particular topics, also how you attach them in your message. I would not have known how to find this article on a foam gun. It seems like I would be using massive amounts of soap with this method as compared to hand washing. A gallon of soap would last me about 4 to 5 weeks. My wife might have to get a second job!!!

Sent from my SM-T813 using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joleyred View Post
    Just curious how you find these threads on particular topics, also how you attach them in your message. I would not have known how to find this article on a foam gun. It seems like I would be using massive amounts of soap with this method as compared to hand washing. A gallon of soap would last me about 4 to 5 weeks. My wife might have to get a second job!!!

Most people use the search function, top right on the home page. Personally I like using Google, IE for foam gun info would type in "Autogeek foamgun review" add more details to the search if needed.
    To attach the article just copy and paste the URL in the body of your response.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joleyred View Post
    I just got my new foam gun yesterday, had to try it out on my wife's car today. It came with a sample of Blackfire wet conditioning shampoo. So I put it together and realized I wasn't sure how much soap to put in it. Soap/water ratio?? So I put about a quarter of the bottle in, topped it off with water and went to work. The amount of foam seemed pretty anemic to me, nothing like on the video I watched. I had the selector on the largest hole, like Mike suggested. There are a couple small thumb screws that look like needle adjustments on a carburetor, but they didn't seem to do much. I used a bucket with a grit guard to rinse my mitt in, and it got really dirty. So, I did okay but I gotta refine something. Someone help me with my dilemma.

mine works great i put about three ounces of soap sometimes more, i got the pinnicle soap i prob use to much but i dont care i got a gallon of it with my foam gun anyway. are you hooking it up to a pressure washer? i think thats important if you want foam. i dont think a regular hose can do it especially if you have low water pressure where you live.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm just using a hose, although I have excellent water pressure. I do have an engine driven pressure that would take the hide off an elephant. I rarely get it out though. After reading Mikes instructions on using one, and other members suggestions, I will probably increase my soap ratio until my satisfaction level equals my cheap meter. Looking forward to experimenting with it. I'm in Michigan, so salt and crap is a never ending event. I never run out of challenges!!

Post Thanks / Like

Foam GUNS are intended to be connected to a garden hose.

Foam CANONS are intended to be used with a pressure washer.

The units are not interchangeable (although the names often, and inaccurately are.)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12