autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Flex 3401 vs rupes 21 mark 2

Quote Originally Posted by Zubair View Post
    The 21 MKII has no competitor from any other DA, closest competitor in power and speed of correction would be a Flex PE-14 rotary. The 3401 is more around an LHR15ES. If you have absolutely no technique stick to a 3401, if you a pro, get a Rupes.
    Um, Flex has been around much longer than Rupes. But hey, if you can't handle the power of a forced rotation Flex, stick with a Rupes! Lol!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Just02896 View Post
    Um, Flex has been around much longer than Rupes. But hey, if you can't handle the power of a forced rotation Flex, stick with a Rupes! Lol!
    That's true.

Flex 1922

Rupes 1947.

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you own both a 3401 and a MKII 21? If not,yours and others advice here are null and void. The 21 MKII NOT ONLY TAMES THE " BEAST", IT DESTROYS IT ON ALL COUNTS!

Seriously can't see the point of ancient, outdated tech being compared to far superior technology and the old stuff being defended by people who don't embrace new technology- this is clear as night and day. I'm not the only one who notices the ignorance and lies constantly being given by certain individuals. Those that are stating a 3401 to be on par a MKII or more powerful should be living on the moon.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GSKR View Post
    Flex is better more power to cut through pretty much anything faster much faster
    Disagree.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Do you own both a 3401 and a MKII 21? If not,yours and others advice here are null and void. The 21 MKII NOT ONLY TAMES THE " BEAST", IT DESTROYS IT ON ALL COUNTS!

Seriously can't see the point of ancient, outdated tech being compared to far superior technology and the old stuff being defended by people who don't embrace new technology- this is clear as night and day. I'm not the only one who notices the ignorance and lies constantly being given by certain individuals. Those that are stating a 3401 to be on par a MKII or more powerful should be living on the moon.
    No I do not own a Rupes 21 due to the fact that I never was really all that impressed with the mini or the 21ES that I do own. I'm sorry that you can't handle the fact that many people prefer the Flex line of tools over Rupes but to call others ignorant or claim that they are dishonest based on their choice / opinion is an asshat move on your part and only makes you look immature. And comparing a rotary to a DA is quite silly and it shows that you yourself do not know much about technique or what being a professional entails.

Flex 3401:
    Power output: 590 watts
    Orbit rate: 3600-9600

Rupes 21 MK2
    Power output: 500 watts
    Orbit rate: 2500-4700

Hmmm, the Rupes is more powerful? "Certain individuals" need to stop "giving lies!"

6. Thanks HardLineDetail thanked for this post
    In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

No I do not own a Rupes 21 due to the fact that I never was really all that impressed with the mini or the 21ES that I do own. I'm sorry that you can't handle the fact that many people prefer the Flex line of tools over Rupes but to call others ignorant or claim that they are dishonest based on their choice / opinion is an asshat move on your part and only makes you look immature. And comparing a rotary to a DA is quite silly and it shows that you yourself do not know much about technique or what being a professional entails.
    Coming from someone who doesn't own or have experience with a 21 MKII, yeah you definitely are a liar along with another ignorant poster or two who will soon come in with more lies.

Post Thanks / Like

This thread mainly counts as full timers no pun intended and no insult to anyone.Everyone has there preference on different machines,rupes and flex are great machines at the end of the day it's about doing excellent work and getting paid.But I can assure you that the flex is better at getting the job done quickly.That deosnt make rupes a bad tool.So to say that if we are not using rupes we should pack it in and move to the moon is out of character.If you have ample time as a hobbyist or part timer you are not under time constraints.Example faded car or small faded camper what will perform better and quicker and that answer would be flex.Ive had the pleasure and opportunity to use all the latest machines that are out there on the market,so this paragraph is backed by that with true hands on experience on all different paint systems and cool cars and oxidized boats and rv.So there is no need to say this is in accurate info and also null and void.Buy what you want and be happy.

Post Thanks / Like

Coming from someone who doesn't own or have experience with a 21 MKII, yeah you definitely are a liar along with another ignorant poster or two who will soon come in with more lies.
    People like you who harbor the same attitude are the plague of this country. Oh wait, you're in SA. Please stay there!

Post Thanks / Like

Flex 3401:
    Power output: 590 watts
    Orbit rate: 3600-9600

Rupes 21 MK2
    Power output: 500 watts
    Orbit rate: 2500-4700

Hmmm, the Rupes is more powerful? "Certain individuals" need to stop "giving lies!"
    Agree buy what you want or fits your needs.No reason at all to put members down its silly and proves nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

I have to imagine the operator, and their selection of abrasives and pads are going to make a significant impact on the performance on any tool.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast