autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

White Honda Accord

Good Morning. I have a 2012 white Honda Accord. I've been using the Wolfgang Paint Sealant and have also used the Fusion paste wax. I have been reading about the Blackfire line, and I am wondering if after using a clay bar I must use the BF Paint Gloss before using the BF Paint Sealant?

I thought the clay bar did a good job of removing contaminants AND old wax ... is that wrong?

And I must say, it's a little bit of a struggle for me sometimes because the car is white ... wax gets "lost" until the next day. I just don't see it, but I always check the day after all over to make sure everything has been removed.

Thank you!
    murphycp

Post Thanks / Like

Re: White Honda Accord

Hi and welcome AGO!

Typically, regardless of the product, you process should be:
    Wheels first
    Pre-Wash
    Iron-X - chemical decontamination, will be most visible on white. This removes iron-rail dust and industrial fall out bonded to the surface.
    Wash
    Dry
    Clay - Mechanical Decontamination - removes above surface contaminants - over-spray, sap, etc...
    Some kind of defect removal, either compound/polish or an all-in-one cleanser/polish/sealant
    LSP - Last Step Product (your choice)
    Lastly, stand back and admire your work :-)

Hope this helps!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by murphycp View Post
    Good Morning. I have a 2012 white Honda Accord. I've been using the Wolfgang Paint Sealant and have also used the Fusion paste wax. I have been reading about the Blackfire line, and I am wondering if after using a clay bar I must use the BF Paint Gloss before using the BF Paint Sealant?

I thought the clay bar did a good job of removing contaminants AND old wax ... is that wrong?

And I must say, it's a little bit of a struggle for me sometimes because the car is white ... wax gets "lost" until the next day. I just don't see it, but I always check the day after all over to make sure everything has been removed.

Thank you!
    murphycp
    When you say "BF Paint Gloss", do you mean BlackFire GEP? BLACKFIRE Gloss Enhancing Polish, prewax polish, car polish

If "yes", then you are correct.

Clay will remove contaminants and old protection layers - so you are not wrong.

Lastly, not that you are doing anything wrong but here is a thought or two...

The Wolfgang Sealant and Fuzion is a good combo, but sometimes all you will need is just the sealant (WGDPS) - especially on white. Sometimes, 2 layers of WGDPS will look even better and you get more durability; and you can always top with Fuzion a month or two later. The key reason behind my statement is that Fuzion is not known for durability but I think you know that already.

Cheers!!!

P.S. - paul_g's approach is relatively solid - but that process he outlined is for a full correction detail. If one is just maintaining, which is what I think murphycp was implying, some steps in that process are not needed every time.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you both! Yes; I am maintaining. I believe I will stick with the Wolfgang Paint Sealant. This last time, I did use the Fuzion over top of the Sealant, but it wasn't much of a different, I agree. I like my white car, but it is harder to "pop."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by murphycp View Post

Thank you!
    murphycp
    You already have two great synergistic products with the the WG 3.0 and Fuzion.

This is Wolfgang 3.0 Topped with Fuzion on a 2008 528.

Blackfire Wet Diamond with Midnight Sun on wife's Sonata:

Polish Angel available on Autopia on my White Rogue.

So far nothing has made my Rogue and the metallic flake pop like this combo of PA Esclate and Viking Coat

And for comparison this was my Rogue about 8 months earlier with Fuzion on it after a light polish:

2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL