Mike, I purchased a 1985 Porsche 944 in Guards Red this spring and have been trying to restore the paint. I have followed your thread using Meguiars no. 7 glaze, after I have clay bared the surface. Even after using the clay bar over a area 4 times and then testing it using the bag trick the surface stilss is not glass smooth. I then have gone over the areas with the no. 7 six and seven times, the first time waiting 24 hours before I wipe it off and then 5 & 6 times waiting 6 hours before I wipe off each application. The horizontal surfaces seem to be worst which is to be expected. After all of this I look at the paint at an angle and it still does no shine like I think it should and almost has a purple/red tint to it and it appears there is sub-surface damage to the paint as it is cloudy. I tried to take some pictures of the condition but they do not seem to show the condition as it is real person. I have attached them anyway maybe you can see some of the issue. Any thoughts and/or suggestion as to where I go from here would be appreciated. The photo of the white towel is from this morning on my 9th attempt on the small portion of the front fender. Each time I use the no. 7 glaze it pulls up more and more oxided paint it seems.

1985Porsche 944-img_1849-jpg1985Porsche 944-img_1843-jpg1985Porsche 944-img_1848-jpg