autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Tornado Red MK7 VW GTI detailing done, not satisfied with the outcome?

Hi all.

I've taken my Tornado Red 2016 MK7 VW GTI with about 10k miles to a very well renowned detailer in our country, based on numerous reviews and galleries of his work.

Unfortunately i don't have any before pictures, but the car was put once through automatic car wash before pick up, after that it was washed only by hand, altough not using the correct 2 bucket method at the time.

The guy warned me that this paint is hard like a rock and recommended 2 stage polish but ended up doing 3 stage polish with 2 layers of wax. I don't know if i should be satisfied with the outcome because that is my first car i've had detailed, but for my taste the swirls are still too much apparent, especially on the hood under the direct sunlight, the other panels are not so bad though.

I've attached some close up shots bellow, but here is also the link to the pictures in bigger resolution.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3bago0i26...ij4KwAq9a?dl=0

I would like to hear your opinions before i give the guy a "hard time". It is just me expecting too much, or the results should really be better for a 400 dollars detailing job.

Tornado Red MK7 VW GTI detailing done, not satisfied with the outcome?-img_0966-jpgTornado Red MK7 VW GTI detailing done, not satisfied with the outcome?-img_0964-jpgTornado Red MK7 VW GTI detailing done, not satisfied with the outcome?-img_0912-jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tornado Red MK7 VW GTI detailing done, not satisfied with the outcome?

My experience with the new VW's has been the opposite. Normally on the softer side, 4-6/10 tops, very manageable.

Post Thanks / Like

Just curious, but how many times has it been washed since it was corrected and waxed?

What have you used for wash solution, media (mitt/sponge/etc), and drying towels/process?

Just trying to get the full picture.

Post Thanks / Like

Oneheadlite asked a great question, let's assume this is untouched, and how you received it. I would be pissed after a "3" step correction. What country are you in? What was he using? I have gotten better resulte doing a an AIO basic detail. By the way, I have a silver MK7 GTI

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Baldone View Post
    Oneheadlite asked a great question, let's assume this is untouched, and how you received it. I would be pissed after a "3" step correction. What country are you in? What was he using? I have gotten better resulte doing a an AIO basic detail. By the way, I have a silver MK7 GTI
    Continuing on with your assumption, I would not be happy either.

I have a black MK6 GTI and have been able to get swirls like those out pretty easily using Blackfire SRC Compound on an LC white pad...a one step job. At the recommendation of Dave from LC, I've also been able to get similar results using the Blackfire SRC Polish on an LC Flat orange pad. Again, a one step job. The paint is very hard, but not unmanageable if you use the right products. If it was softer, it would be an even easier job.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Find out what products/mschine he used. The MK7 guys are on it

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

It hasn't been washed since detailing was done. The detailer is on vacations at the moment, so i will know more details about the stuff used when he comes back next week. I have appointment with him anyway, because there are also some wax residues on hood that needs to be corrected.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi, welcome to AutoGeekOnline. It's unfortunate to see this as your first post.

I have worked on a few VW's and found that the paint has been pretty easy to correct. With his 3 step process he should have gotten 95% defect removal or better. That third picture looks like it wasn't really touched.

Please follow up and how this turns out. BTW, where are you located? Perhaps an active forum member is willing to help you correct the paint.

Post Thanks / Like

Pm me the shop name or website. I have no intention of naming him or trashing him I'm just curious if I can dig around and figure out what he uses

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I've seen some of his work on other VW's and it looked flawless, it's just the Tornado Red that's so hard as i've been told. Did you did some Tornado Red too? I'm from Slovenia.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast