autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Mike Phillips

Back from Waxstock!

Back from Waxstock!

It's Wednesday morning, just returned to my office and starting to play catch-up.

Has a smashing time in England!

Thursday - Visited Dodo Juice corporate offices, manufacturing and distribution. Met the staff at Dodo Juice and took a tour of their facilities. Next we went to the Buff Monkey Garage and met Aki and his staff. After introductions we set-up the garage for a full day class.

Friday - Taught the first ever Competition Ready Roadshow Detailing Class at the Buff Monkey Garage.

Saturday - Guest speaker at the RUPES BigFoot Seminar

Sunday - Guest speaker at Waxstock for 2 speaking sessions on the Waxstock stage and book signings that kept me busy the entire day.

Monday - Time to to return the the U.SA. The trip back went fairly smooth but there were flight delays, baggage delays, customs delays etc. Yancy and I didn't get back to Autogeek corporate office till after 1:00am

Spent yesterday re-cooperating from the traveling and the trip in general. England is 5 hours ahead of East Coast time here in the states.

Special thanks to,

pj Aass, Dom Colbeck and John House the owners of Waxstock for their sponsorship and hospitality for both Yancy and I and our trip to England for the 5th Annual Waxstock.

pj Aass and Dom Colbeck the owners of Dodo Juice for their sponsorship of our Competition Ready Roadshow Detailing Class.

Aki Azemi the owner of Buff Monkey Garage and his generosity in opening the doors and allowing us to use his facilities for our first Competition Ready Roadshow Detailing Class.

Ron and Stewart Linn at MotorGeek for their help sponsoring our first Competition Ready Roadshow Detailing Class.

Bob Eichelberg, Stuart Colclough and the CEO of FLEX Power Tools, Andreas Ditsche for their support and sponsorship for our first Competition Ready Roadshow Detailing Class.

Francesco Ginocchio and Marco D'Inca from RUPES S.p.A. for their support and sponsorship for our first Competition Ready Roadshow Detailing Class.

Andy Baxter and the owners of the other 5 streetrods and/or classic cars we used for our training class, thank you so much for trusting both myself and Autogeek with your incredible cars! I made one phone call to an absolute stranger, (Andy Baxter), and based solely on reputation Andy allowed us to use his 1937 Ford Slantback Streetrod and also obtained us 5 more cars from members of the car club he belongs to. Thank you Andy!

Bob McKee the President, CEO and founder of Autogeek for allowing Yancy and I the time away from work and our regular job duties to travel to England and hold the first ever Competition Ready Roadshow Detailing Class and also to attend Waxstock and represent Autogeek.com

All the staff at Autogeek that work so hard behind the scenes to support both Yancy and I and the work that goes on behind the scenes that no one ever sees but make projects like this trip possible.

I'd also like to thank Stephani Alison Seaton, pj's Fiancée and right hand gal that was an absolute darling with all her help to make our visit smooth and seamless. You're a lucky guy pj!

To everyone we met over the course of our travels it was a genuine pleasure to meet so many like minded individuals with a passion for cars and making them shine!

We referred to this trip as testing the waters for future classes and trips to Waxstock and by every measure I would have to say this trip was a success!

I have a LOT of picture to share and I'll start posting them today after our morning meetings.

Stay tuned!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Back from Waxstock!

Welcome back brother!

Sounds like you had an amazing time. Looking forward to seeing the pictures.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome home Mike.

That reads like a fun trip, a whole lot of hard work but so very beneficial to everyone who had the opportunity to learn from "the man" Mike Phillips! I like many followed along on facebook & enjoyed the footage & pictures, good times. Pleased you guys made it home safe.

Aaryn NZ.
    a DETAILS Blenheim New Zealand - IDA Member - C.Quartz Finest Authorized Installer

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Mike@DedicatedPerfection View Post

Welcome back brother!

Sounds like you had an amazing time. Looking forward to seeing the pictures.
    Thanks Mike!

Been playing catch-up all day and also have attended a number of meetings and as of right now, that is 5:50pm Eastern Time I have not even started processing the pictures so I get to that tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaryn NZ View Post

Welcome home Mike.

That reads like a fun trip, a whole lot of hard work but so very beneficial to everyone who had the opportunity to learn from "the man" Mike Phillips!

I like many followed along on facebook & enjoyed the footage & pictures, good times.

Pleased you guys made it home safe.

Aaryn NZ.

Thank you Aaryn, much appreciated mate. I was able to post a lot of pictures to Facebook on the fly but sharing on the forum takes a few extra steps to do it right.

Travelling is fun but like the saying goes...

There's no place like home...

Post Thanks / Like

Any new items for AG from Waxstock?

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post

Any new items for AG from Waxstock?

Lets just say we made a few really good contacts.

All new products for the AG store have to go through a specific protocol before they end up for review on my desk or announced on the What's New section of the AG store.

What's New!

I will say that we used the Dodo Juice Iron Coat on two of our training cars and I was impressed with this paint sealant.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome back to the land of air conditioning not being an option but a necessity.
    "Chrome wheeled, fuel injected and steppin' out over the line"