autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

"Best" glass cleaner

Hello,

I'm looking for a good glass cleaner for my interior windows (I already have an exterior one with sealant).
    - My interior windows don't get dirty or finger prints them, just mainly for quick dusting.
    - Something that in safe for tint (which I think all the ones I've narrowed it down to are).
    - I have some smaller windows in the car so something that doesn't spray all over the place or that works well spraying into a towel.
    - Nothing with any sort of sealant or coating or hydrophobic properties since it's only for the interior windows.
    - It's for a brand new car (vinyl fog?)

Narrowed it down to a few. I've read a lot about them, looked at reviews, ect. But I can't decide, not too concerned about cost since they are are relatively close in price, just looking for the best one for what I need.

Poorboy’s World Glass Cleaner (I believe this one is the only one of the list that's alcohol free)
    Poorboy’s World Glass Cleaner

SONAX Glass Cleaner
    SONAX Glass Cleaner, Glass Clear, auto glass cleaner

Griot's Garage Window Cleaner (It says there's not amonia so it's tint safe on Griot's website)
    Griot's Garage Window Cleaner, Griots Garage Glass Cleaner, Griots auto glass cleaner

Does one of the the 3 above stand out as much better for what I need it for?

Thanks,

Post Thanks / Like

Re: "Best" glass cleaner

Sprayway is about your best bang for the dollar, you won't have to donate a Kidney to buy it, commonly available at Wally World-Home Depot for not too many Centavos, it is a great cleaner, and is also safe on inside applied Tint Films

It's a big White-Blue Can with a Blue Cap.

Honestly, and IMO, Invisible Glass from Stoners is probably nothing more than re-labeled-branded Sprayway.

Post Thanks / Like

Now unless you have some serious issues with your glass, like you parked in somebody's driveway, and their sprinkler system hit your car and you have mineral spots that aren't coming off with conventional cleaners such as sprayway, all is not lost of course.

Pinnacle has a great restorative product, it's like a sandy-gritty wax, but works great, and other cures I would look to, is something just as simple as Kaboom, or CRL Kitchen-Bathroom Cleaner in the spray bottles, and again available anywhere.

They are mild acidic products, will cut through the films, and minerals deposited.

Just use a little piece of Foam Sponge, squirt onto sponge, apply to outer glass, let sit, then wipe off with a clean dampened MF Towel. Then use something like Sprayway to remove any residues possibly left behind.

Glass Science is not too difficult, I have two Refractor Telescopes worth $20K. The less you touch them the better. And when it comes to cleaning the lens, or Eyepieces, which I have about another $20K invested in, then Denatured Alcohol, or even Acetone can be good Glass cleaners. But they are more dangerous to use. Around Plastics, and around you!

The very worst product you can ever get on Glass? Silicone! Nothing takes it off short of grinding-polishing, one of the best Opticians, and telescope builders in the world today, Roland Christen of Astro-Physics Telescopes in Rockford Ill, and who I know personally once told me that. And trust me, he knows!

Want one of his Telescopes, you'll go on a 7-14 year waiting list. And when you get one of his Scopes, you use it for free, because they NEVER depreciate.

Post Thanks / Like

I switched to Stoners Invisible Glass and I couldn't be happier. Good for the interior and exterior parts of the windows.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD51 View Post
    Sprayway is about your best bang for the dollar, you won't have to donate a Kidney to buy it, commonly available at Wally World-Home Depot for not too many Centavos, it is a great cleaner, and is also safe on inside applied Tint Films

It's a big White-Blue Can with a Blue Cap.

Honestly, and IMO, Invisible Glass from Stoners is probably nothing more than re-labeled-branded Sprayway.
    Bingo!! Sprayaway IMO is the best Glass Cleaner too!
    CJ
    2013 Mustang GT w/Track Pack 6-Speed Manual
    Save the Manual!

Post Thanks / Like

Sprayway, stoners, or the proforce/members mark glass cleaner from sam's. Yes it is blue, yes it is ammonia free.
    I have also found the waffle weave towels to work best for me for glass cleaning.

Post Thanks / Like

Used Stoners for years until someone gave me a bottle of what is now McKee's 37 glass cleaner, loved it but it is much more expensive. For someone who does this for a living probably to costly but if you only take care of a few cars would suggest giving McKee's, Pinnacle or Wolfgang a try.

Technique can be as important as product, as others have said Waffle Weave towels work best.

Auto Glass Cleaning Facts & Tips: learn about glass cleaners, towels, and water spot removal... DP Krystal Vision, Cobra Glass towel, water spots,

Post Thanks / Like

I.)

"The 'Best' [of anything] is so subjective".

~Anonymous

II.)

•A really good bang-for-the-buck
    glass cleaner is: Meguiar's D120.
    - 1 gal. of concentrate {@$18.99}
    makes 11 gals. of RTU glass cleaner
    - {@$1.72 per gal.}

Meguiar’s Glass Cleaner Concentrate, 1 Gallon, dilutes to make an excellent auto glass cleaner. Meguiars Concentrated Car Glass Cleaner is great for

III.)

•I also like Sprayway's glass cleaner.
    Sprayway Glass CleanerCase of 12

- If you buy it by the case {12 cans @19oz ea.}
    which equals 1.78 gals for $36.00...
    - {@$20.22 per gal.}

•As you can tell:
    - It's not quite as economical
    as Meguiar's D120.

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

Sprayway, buy it at your grocery store.
    Rick....now in North Texas

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Best glass cleaner I ever used was my home made IPA solution. About 30% 91 alcohol and water cleans glass amazingly well

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast