autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: "Best" glass cleaner

Quote Originally Posted by Calendyr View Post
    I had an argument with Junkman when he started recommending Windex in one of his recent videos. I suggested to him he try D120. The answers he gave me made me loose a lot of the respect he had gained over the years. I really did not like the fact he was not even willing to try the product, Then we got into a microfiber debate were he said he would never use cheap microfibers anywhere near his car... I asked why, if he was afraid a microfiber would scratch his glass (we were talking about glass cleaning)...he never answered so I dropped it. I hate when people are close minded.
    I watched his recent video of how to clean glasses with ammonia based windex....
    and in description, he wrote ammonia free cleaner for tinted glasses....

Ammonia is only not safe tints, but also plastic, leather, rubber and for your health..... but seems like he doesn't care.
    This video was huge disappointment and few of his comments were very unprofessional..

Such as how he will stick to windex instead of trying D120, because windex's been making glass cleaner even before you (OP) were born ...
    I got a new leather bra and its tighter than catholic school freshman cheerleader ....

smh...
    Please like my page

Jae @ ONYX Detail Garage

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BadgerRivFan View Post
    This is an interesting discussion, but just out of curiosity why would it be necessary to use a different glass cleaner on the interior glass vs. the exterior glass? I get that you don't necessarily need the additional hydrophobic protection on the inside of your glass, but if you are happy with your exterior glass choice and it is window tint safe why not just stick with that? What am I missing? Enlighten me please...

I've always been a fan of Stoner's Invisible Glass w/rain repellent and used it religiously for years. Then I decided to give Wolfgang Perfekt Vision Glass Cleaner a try... Wow what a great product! Expensive, and I get that you would not want to use it for detailing customer cars if you're trying to make a profit (sounds like D120 is the hands down choice for that!), but what a great glass cleaner/protectant. For a weekend warrior just looking for the "best" to take care of his or her own vehicles with - Wolfgang Perfekt Vision Glass Cleaner is the bomb! Oh and I use it on the interior glass in addition to the exterior...

Wolfgang Perfekt Vision Glass Cleaner, tint safe glass cleaner
    Hi,

I don't want to use the exterior glass cleaner/sealant for the inside because I don't know if it's tint safe, I'd rather not find out the hard way, I know I could ask but also the exterior cleaner with sealant is really expensive (way more than Wolfgang) so would rather just use it for the outside.

I know you can buy cheaper ones (there are always cheaper everything this just happens to be the one that I'm getting.
    I like having specific things for specific parts of the car rather than just a general use product to use all over the place. That's just me though.

Thanks for the suggestion on the Wolfgang.

Have a great day!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by addysdaddy View Post
    50% water + 50% White Vinegar. Just make sure u spray the towel first to prevent the overspray getting on the paint or interior. IMO, it's even better than Sprayway which is also pretty good.
    I use the water/vinegar solution for my inside windows. $25 for 32oz of Wolfgang? No thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

"Best" glass cleaner

[ QUOTE=choijw2;1406954]I even use tap water to mix my D120 and no streaks lol[/QUOTE]

I have zero streaking as well. But I use distilled water.
    Our tap water in AZ is HARD
    David 2000 Ford F-350 DRW CCLB BLACK/GOLD
    Wish list:
    Everything Mike has in his garage for detailing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by choijw2 View Post
    I watched his recent video of how to clean glasses with ammonia based windex....
    and in description, he wrote ammonia free cleaner for tinted glasses....

Ammonia is only not safe tints, but also plastic, leather, rubber and for your health..... but seems like he doesn't care.
    This video was huge disappointment and few of his comments were very unprofessional..

Such as how he will stick to windex instead of trying D120, because windex's been making glass cleaner even before you (OP) were born ...
    I got a new leather bra and its tighter than catholic school freshman cheerleader ....

smh...
    Junkman usually goes against popular ways of doing things and that is alright with me. Usually his reasons are good and his point of view has merits. But in this case I feel he is totally wrong, and his unwillingness to even try something else is disappointing. As a reference, let me use Darren Priest. He too usually does things in a way different from what most people here would do. But despite having 25+ years experience, he is constantly trying new things and looking up products and techniques suggested to him. Then he decides if it is worth using or not. That is the way I do things and that is what I like to see people who teach do. If you are not even willing to try stuff, how can you say "Here is the best way to do something, or this is the best product to use"?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Calendyr View Post
    Junkman usually goes against popular ways of doing things and that is alright with me. Usually his reasons are good and his point of view has merits. But in this case I feel he is totally wrong, and his unwillingness to even try something else is disappointing. As a reference, let me use Darren Priest. He too usually does things in a way different from what most people here would do. But despite having 25+ years experience, he is constantly trying new things and looking up products and techniques suggested to him. Then he decides if it is worth using or not. That is the way I do things and that is what I like to see people who teach do. If you are not even willing to try stuff, how can you say "Here is the best way to do something, or this is the best product to use"?
    I like Darren, he makes good videos, informative, sometimes too long but that's because he really goes into details when explain things.

But that glass video by junk man..... He used ammonia based cleaner and people are cheering him..... I hate things like that, people who don't know much better, watches video with wrong technique/ products and people are cheering him.
    Please like my page

Jae @ ONYX Detail Garage

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by parshooter View Post
    I use the water/vinegar solution for my inside windows. $25 for 32oz of Wolfgang? No thanks.
    I wouldn't pay $25 for it either... But in case you were unaware AG runs sales constantly. I wouldn't buy any of the Wolfgang products at full retail.

This thread is titled "Best Glass Cleaner" not "Cheapest or Most Cost Effective Glass Cleaner." I stand by my recommendation. WG Perfekt Vision Glass Cleaner is just an excellent product.
    ​Al Schmidt
    "Adventure, is a car called Riviera..."

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Damn I can't believe some of the people here and the money they waste on glass cleaners lol

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234