autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: "Best" glass cleaner

Quote Originally Posted by FUNX650 View Post
    [B]

•A really good bang-for-the-buck
    glass cleaner is: Meguiar's D120.
    - 1 gal. of concentrate {@$18.99}
    makes 11 gals. of RTU glass cleaner
    - {@$1.72 per gal.}

Bob
    And that turns out being about .21 cents per 16oz. bottle. Pretty amazing value + works great.

If OP isn't interested in buying in bulk concentrate, I'd recommend Mothers Revision Glass & Surface Cleaner.

Post Thanks / Like

I clean my windows almost every day after work...I work at a oil refinery and the parking lot is close to a cooling water tower and we get a lot of mist from it that coats the glass and paint. Anywho, I've used many different brands of glass cleaners, all the ones you can buy locally and a bunch on here. The best one I've ever used is the poorboy's glass cleaner. I was a newspaper/stoner's foaming cleaner guy for a long time till I decided to try the PB stuff, and it's all I'll ever use now.

Post Thanks / Like

50% water + 50% White Vinegar. Just make sure u spray the towel first to prevent the overspray getting on the paint or interior. IMO, it's even better than Sprayway which is also pretty good.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BillyJack View Post
    I agree. As the Junkman says "technique trumps product". A gallon if D120 will probably last me the next two lifetimes.

Bill
    I had an argument with Junkman when he started recommending Windex in one of his recent videos. I suggested to him he try D120. The answers he gave me made me loose a lot of the respect he had gained over the years. I really did not like the fact he was not even willing to try the product, Then we got into a microfiber debate were he said he would never use cheap microfibers anywhere near his car... I asked why, if he was afraid a microfiber would scratch his glass (we were talking about glass cleaning)...he never answered so I dropped it. I hate when people are close minded.

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder how expensive or inexpensive vinegar 50% and IPA 50% would be.

I never really looked closely at the price of vinegar but I believe it's around 5$ per gallon around here. So that would be 6$ for 2 gallons once mixed with distilled water, or 3$ per gallon.

I know Isopropyl alcohol is much more expensive. If I recall correctly 32 ounce of 91% costed me 10$ last time I purchased some. So that would be 40$ per gallon or 41$ for 2 gallons when mixed, At 20,50$ per gallon it is more expensive than pretty much any window cleaner.

I think D120 remains the best option, although Vinegar is probably close depending on the real price of vinegar. It's also a good idea to use a drop of dish soap in the mix to increase efficiency and lubricity.

Post Thanks / Like

Haha I love Meg D120.

I make it slightly stronger,
    (Instead of 1:10 ratio I do 1:9)

I mean it's not a big deal but I do find it work amazing and smells .... Makes me wanna drink that thing lol

120oz con. Will probably last me couple years or so as weekend detailer.

And cost what? Less than $20 for gallon?
    Please like my page

Jae @ ONYX Detail Garage

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by neocoma View Post
    I'm looking for a good glass cleaner for my interior windows (I already have an exterior one with sealant).

- Nothing with any sort of sealant or coating or hydrophobic properties since it's only for the interior windows.
    This is an interesting discussion, but just out of curiosity why would it be necessary to use a different glass cleaner on the interior glass vs. the exterior glass? I get that you don't necessarily need the additional hydrophobic protection on the inside of your glass, but if you are happy with your exterior glass choice and it is window tint safe why not just stick with that? What am I missing? Enlighten me please...

I've always been a fan of Stoner's Invisible Glass w/rain repellent and used it religiously for years. Then I decided to give Wolfgang Perfekt Vision Glass Cleaner a try... Wow what a great product! Expensive, and I get that you would not want to use it for detailing customer cars if you're trying to make a profit (sounds like D120 is the hands down choice for that!), but what a great glass cleaner/protectant. For a weekend warrior just looking for the "best" to take care of his or her own vehicles with - Wolfgang Perfekt Vision Glass Cleaner is the bomb! Oh and I use it on the interior glass in addition to the exterior...

Wolfgang Perfekt Vision Glass Cleaner, tint safe glass cleaner
    ​Al Schmidt
    "Adventure, is a car called Riviera..."

Post Thanks / Like

found D120 streaks especially if applied when the car is outside. Where the 50/50 vinegar + water leaves the glass very clean and virtually streak free. But like Mike P likes to say...find something u like and use it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by addysdaddy View Post
    found D120 streaks especially if applied when the car is outside. Where the 50/50 vinegar + water leaves the glass very clean and virtually streak free. But like Mike P likes to say...find something u like and use it.
    Are you using distilled water when you mix D120?
    David 2000 Ford F-350 DRW CCLB BLACK/GOLD
    Wish list:
    Everything Mike has in his garage for detailing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by addysdaddy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jomax View Post
    Are you using distilled water when you mix D120?

I even use tap water to mix my D120 and no streaks lol
    Please like my page

Jae @ ONYX Detail Garage

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast