I'm having a heck of a time with getting the final finish I want with some areas sprayed with Tamco 2021 Clear.
One is a roof panel on a 53 Hudson sedan that was base coated and cleared about 3 months ago. The other is
a Toyota Tacoma hood that was sprayed less than 24 hours ago. Same issue with both, buffing the clear is like
buffing granite!
color sanded with 600, 1000, 1500 grit disc then , 2000, 3000 grit Abralon using water for lube.
The color sanding portion goes fine.
On the Hudson roof --
I started buffing using a Metabo 4.5" Rotary buffer and wool pad with Presta step one buffing compound. Went to
foam cutting pad with same compound. Got some cut but was a lot of work and time and could still see fine sand scratches.
Look great a few feet away but under fluorescent lighting I could see the scratches.
Switched to Menzerna heavy Cut Compound 400 - tried both wool pad and Lake Country orange pad, some what better but
still like polishing granite. Better but not there yet. Got Jessie to send me some 300, a hair better but still a #####!
On the Toyota new clear-
600, 1000, 1500 grit finishing film, switched to 3m purple finishing film with water and seemed to make some headway.
then 2000, 3000 abralon wet. Then Merzerna 300 / 400 / SF3500. Good enough for a wet look shine but at real close
distance in the right light, I can still see micro scratches.
Tired and week kneed at this point.
Advice???
Thanks!
Kerry