autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Need tips & tricks for Meguiars Paint Protect 365

Quote Originally Posted by FUNX650 View Post

You surely don't believe that by posting pictures,
    wherein you are alleging that these Meguiar's
    spokespersons are discussing...in detail...
    the idiosynchroncies of PP365 that you listed
    in an earlier posting...is not debatable?!?!
    Get Real.
    That perticular TNOG was the post SEMA product preview special invite from Meguiars where they allowed the limited few of us to try out the new upcoming product line which included the Meguiars MT 300 DA, Paint Protect, the new Perfect Clarity Headlight Restoration Kit, Ultimate Black aerosol trim restorer, among other products months before they were available for sale in any retail outlets.

And indeed they were there to answer specific questions regarding not only the polisher, but every new product available for us to test out for the 1st time that night.

Mike Stoops. I think everyone who's had the pleasure of meeting him in person would agree that he's simply 1 of the coolest dudes you'll ever meet. And man does he know his stuff when it comes to detailing, no doubt.

Like I said, among the best people you'll ever meet. If it wasn't for Mike Stoops my car wouldn't look as good as it does today.

Need tips & tricks for Meguiars Paint Protect 365-imageuploadedbyagonline1466997935-329377-jpg

And then there's Mike Pennington aka the Big Dog, aka the Global Director of training for Meguiars, aka the man on the label of the Mirror Glaze bottles. He's also a real down to earth guy when you meet him in person. And he also happens to be the 1 who I specifically asked the question in regards to the Paint Protect. His answer was as I stated above.. And it was the real deal answer. Not debatable. Not even by you, Bob.

When Mike Pennington is in teach mode there is no "debatable". And that's the word I'm going by... BTW, you can ask The Guz because he was also there that night. He knows that I specifically asked about that and he heard the answer just like everyone else there.

Need tips & tricks for Meguiars Paint Protect 365-imageuploadedbyagonline1466998874-273511-jpg

Do you still think their face to face answers to my questions are "debatable"? You'd be wrong on so many levels to think so.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Need tips & tricks for Meguiars Paint Protect 365

Just read the Meguiars site on this gentlemen...

Paint Protect | Meguiar's

"Paint Protect's pure synthetic chemistry applies easier than a wax; simply wipe on, wipe off. And unlike a wax, the unique formula does not haze but sets in 3-5 minutes…fully curing in 24 hours…to provide incredible water beading protection, wash, after wash, after wash!"

Seems to me the initiator of this thread started wiping off the product after it set in but well before it cured. Regardless of "who knows who", in this instance the symptoms experienced seem to support the product description on the Meguiars web site.

Post Thanks / Like

I was there with Eldorado that night. We got to use the product prior to its release. All the tips we shared are straight from the tips provided by Michael Stoops over on MOL.

Bob I don't see you posting any useful information on this thread, over on MOL or even on the Meguiar's Facebook group with Michael Stoops himself. I can honestly say I have enough information on PP365 and personal experience using it. I know you find pleasure in debating things but why not post your useful tips to help out Don.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, I didn't mean to start a raging "My Expert is better than yours" debate, all I asked was for those who have used and played with PP365, like Mike (Guz) relate anything that might make MY experience go a bit easier. Just today (on my own) I learned that the smears go away by themselves after the PP sits after application & removal (especially in 90*+ sunshine like today). And that at least at this point in time, the PP and the D115 feel similar in slickness, enough so that I can't tell the difference. I'll let time figure things out. So far it looks good, let's see how long it stays that way.

As for PP365 being "pretty much universally reviewed as sucking anyway???" I've heard negative comments about it's beading properties and a few about it's longevity, but no more than any other LSP. The most frequent "negative" I've heard was that it was/is designed more for the non-enthusiast, someone who doesn't wax/seal their car very often. Personally, I prefer a sealant that lasts a long time so that all I have to worry about are regular washings and sessions with a QD or QW over a total buffing regimen. More time DRIVING the car than busting my hump over it.
    Don M
    2017 Camaro 2LT
    376 RWHP, 6-Speed manual

Post Thanks / Like

It's not about "my expert is better than"...
    It's not about that at all. It's just that there's been some pretty outrageous advice/comments handed out lately [i.e. the whole "you should've never used All Wheel & Tire Cleaner on your wheels]"and this comment about Paint Protect came off sounding very odd and not anything like I've experienced or got from the product.

IMO anyone who's used PP should easily predict that it's not likely to play well on a surface with another [let alone several] other lsp's. Just seemed like blind advice, but that's just my opinion.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Don M View Post
    Wow, I didn't mean to start a raging "My Expert is better than yours" debate, all I asked was for those who have used and played with PP365, like Mike (Guz) relate anything that might make MY experience go a bit easier. Just today (on my own) I learned that the smears go away by themselves after the PP sits after application & removal (especially in 90*+ sunshine like today). And that at least at this point in time, the PP and the D115 feel similar in slickness, enough so that I can't tell the difference. I'll let time figure things out. So far it looks good, let's see how long it stays that way.

As for PP365 being "pretty much universally reviewed as sucking anyway???" I've heard negative comments about it's beading properties and a few about it's longevity, but no more than any other LSP. The most frequent "negative" I've heard was that it was/is designed more for the non-enthusiast, someone who doesn't wax/seal their car very often. Personally, I prefer a sealant that lasts a long time so that all I have to worry about are regular washings and sessions with a QD or QW over a total buffing regimen. More time DRIVING the car than busting my hump over it.
    Thanks for the follow up Don. The smearing will go away just like you noticed. Especially after the first wash. You are seeing the carrier oils in the product.

I actually got better beading as time passed which is strange. The third month looked better than the first. This is prior to me using it on my dad's Camaro and testing it on my own car. I didn't like it at first but I gave it a second chance on my dad's Camaro and it performed quite well the 5-6 months it was on the car prior to it being stolen.

I am looking forward to your long term results.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    It's not about that at all. It's just that there's been some pretty outrageous advice/comments handed out lately [i.e. the whole "you should've never used All Wheel & Tire Cleaner on your wheels]"and this comment about Paint Protect came off sounding very odd and not anything like I've experienced or got from the product.

IMO anyone who's used PP should easily predict that it's not likely to play well on a surface with another [let alone several] other lsp's. Just seemed like blind advice, but that's just my opinion.

I get what you're saying, I really SHOULD have waited until I am able to polish all the LSPs off the paint, BUT you kow how it is when you get a new toy (or sealant)
    Don M
    2017 Camaro 2LT
    376 RWHP, 6-Speed manual

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Don M View Post
    I get what you're saying, I really SHOULD have waited until I am able to polish all the LSPs off the pait, BUT you kow how it is when you get a new toy (or sealant)
    Trust me I know lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post

First off:
    Be very careful in whom you accuse
    of posting "outrageous/blind" advice.

This isn't my first time around
    the ol' detailing block.

As to PP365 playing well with existing LSPs...
    Here's my Source's advice regarding that issue:

Re: 365 Durability
    "there really isn't anything special you need
    to do to prep for this. Of course claying is
    always a good idea, but no IPA wipedown or
    anything outside the normal wax application
    routine is needed".

"There shouldn't be any problems applying
    this over an existing wax".

~Michael Stoops

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

Still waiting on some of those helpful tips on PP365?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast