autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

What towels for coatings?

As I do not get answers on previous threads and the thread gets lost in the forum here goes again :

I plan to use the gold plush junior towels for wipe off of the coating. However, these are very pricey to sacrifice on the coating rendering them useless after. Are the meguiars supreme shines a good alternative? (I have 20 of those compared to 5-6 of the gold plush juniors).

Plush or Short nap??

Hope to get an answer this time from the oh so many detailers on this forum, who use coatings day in and day out

And as Mike just pointed out in his old thread :- A forum where everyone can view and provide answers.... instead of direct messages to Mike. Now that does sound nice eh?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What towels for coatings?

I would recommend that you use whichever towel you feel more comfortable using. I personally use a 2 towel wipe off method when I coat. My first wipe is with a CarPro microsuede followed by either a CarPro Boa or an Everest 800. I always have a bucket with water and apc to toss the towels into immediately after use. After the detail is done I then transfer to the wash. I have had great success with this.

Post Thanks / Like

Edgeless artic microtowel works very nice .I think that's what there called.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fly07sti View Post
    I would recommend that you use whichever towel you feel more comfortable using. I personally use a 2 towel wipe off method when I coat. My first wipe is with a CarPro microsuede followed by either a CarPro Boa or an Everest 800. I always have a bucket with water and apc to toss the towels into immediately after use. After the detail is done I then transfer to the wash. I have had great success with this.
    I do this exact same procedure, the suede followed by BOA. 30+ coating installs without a single issue.
    REFINED SHINE
    Auto Detailing

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for that. So as I see it, it is short nap followed by a gentle wipe with a plush am I right?

What dilution would the APC to water be? i would not want to kill the towels lol :P

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GSKR View Post
    Edgeless artic microtowel works very nice .I think that's what there called.
    Quote Originally Posted by minorc View Post
    I do this exact same procedure, the suede followed by BOA. 30+ coating installs without a single issue.
    Thanks guys

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by emmjaygti View Post
    Thank you for that. So as I see it, it is short nap followed by a gentle wipe with a plush am I right?

What dilution would the APC to water be? i would not want to kill the towels lol :P
    Basically yes. I use approx 3-4 gallons of water with about 8oz of Zep Citrus. You can use what you'd like but I've had no issues with this, so I haven't experimented with any other apc's or degreasers.

Post Thanks / Like

Basically yes. I use approx 3-4 gallons of water with about 8oz of Zep Citrus. You can use what you'd like but I've had no issues with this, so I haven't experimented with any other apc's or degreasers.
    Cheers bud.

All I have is megs APC as that is what I can source locally. I can try with a lower concentration say maybe 4-5oz?

Mike also mentioned a warm water with soap solution (towel kleen not car soap) where the towels can soak until i wash.

Post Thanks / Like

Give it a shot. I'm sure it'll be fine. As long as the towels aren't left to dry for any length of time, I would assume they'll be ok.

Post Thanks / Like

fly07sti is the MASTER of microfiber towels. If anybody knew what the best towels are, it'll be him.
    2011 SEMA Meguiar's Car Crazy Showcase Team
    2016 Competition Ready Barn Find Porsche Team

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast