autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ceramic Coating Questions

Quote Originally Posted by refreshauto View Post
    What do you have on hand, we can give better advice knowing what you have already
    I have white and yellow rupes pads on hand.

Over the winter my wife scratched up the hood of here Durango getting ice and snow off. Not sure if these scratches are too deep to buff out or not. (yes I know the car is filthy)

View image: IMG 0177[/url]Ceramic Coating Questions-img_0177-jpg

http://s23.postimg.org/m4l6c2bkr/IMG_0177.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Neither of those pads have much cut to them. If you had the green i would say just stick to what you had. For you i would suggest getting some finishing microfiber pads and M205. You can handle just about any finish with that combination and finishes LSP ready. After that you can do another polishing step if you want or go straight to coating. If you are still going the Wolfgang coating route i would suggest getting eraser from carpro for the wipe before applying the coating itself. If you want to got the essence route no need for eraser, just break your your white pad and apply essence with it. Once you are done with that step apply reload and you are good to go

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bent98 View Post

Over the winter my wife scratched up the hood of here Durango getting ice and snow off. Not sure if these scratches are too deep to buff out or not. (yes I know the car is filthy)

View image: IMG 0177[/url]Ceramic Coating Questions-img_0177-jpg

Those scratches can come out if worked properly

Post Thanks / Like

View image: IMG 0177[/url][ATTACH=CONFIG]46786[/ATTAC

If you can feel any of those scratches with your finger nail, you won't be able to buff it out. Other option is to use touch up paint and wet sand and buff.

If it's correctable, you will need a green or blue pad or a different brand.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

So let me see if I get this right, I could go with Carpro Essence instead of Menzerna PF3800 for my audi? It will polish out slight carwash induced swirls and finish with a white pad? If it doesn't I could go with a MF finishing pad to get more aggressive then go over it with white pad to finish as shown in this video?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MKZk5O-xvw

I can then go straight to the wolfgang uber coating without the need to do IPA or Wolfgang Perfekt Finish Paint Prep Spray? I dont want to go with Car pro refresh as it looks to only last up to 6 months vs WG Uber which is up to 2 years.

For my wifes Durango I will need to at least go over thee scratches with either WG Swirl remover, or M25 with MF finishsing pad

Post Thanks / Like

So let me see if I get this right, I could go with Carpro Essence instead of Menzerna PF3800 for my audi? It will polish out slight carwash induced swirls and finish with a white pad? If it doesn't I could go with a MF finishing pad to get more aggressive then go over it with white pad to finish as shown in this video?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MKZk5O-xvw

I can then go straight to the wolfgang uber coating without the need to do IPA or Wolfgang Perfekt Finish Paint Prep Spray? I dont want to go with Car pro refresh as it looks to only last up to 6 months vs WG Uber which is up to 2 years.

For my wifes Durango I will need to at least go over thee scratches with either WG Swirl remover, or M25 with MF finishsing pad
    No one can guaranty what combo will work best. Always do a test section with the least aggressive pad and polish.

If you use Car Pro CQuartz coating, you could get 2 years of protection by topping with Reload.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

5 Coating Adhesion Test to CarPro Essence Review!

Seems like someone did a test with Essence and 5 different coatings.

Post Thanks / Like

5 Coating Adhesion Test to CarPro Essence Review!

Seems like someone did a test with Essence and 5 different coatings.
    Ugh what a tease. He never finished the review.

Post Thanks / Like

For coating I will always use essence now because the coating I'm using is compatible with it. I'll test it with the boss 21 and the Mf pads to see if it will leave any haze and if not I'll get some good correction from it that is coating ready. Only finishes I got haze on was flat dark colors especially black. Those I will use the menzerna 4000 and ipa or eraser or just switch to a foam pad with essense. If the car needs compounding I use 400 d300 or m101. I been afraid of coatings for a long time but with essence and the coating I'm using its much easier than I thought it would be.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12