autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: White Pearl - wax/sealant combo?

Quote Originally Posted by Toneranger View Post
    Pmach - it may be a few weeks before I get to this, but I'll post the results. If you beat me to it, please let me know your thoughts!
    Sounds good. You'll most likely get to it first as I still have other products to finish before I go ahead and buy even more.

Quote Originally Posted by termigator View Post
    Cool! I have a Starfire Pearl IS350 too (08'). It's garaged, so I'm really not concerned with durability, but Blackfire Wet Diamond looks great on that color and while I haven't tested it's durability, others have gotten very good durability from it. The only carnauba I've used on the pearl so far is S100. It gave off very nice reflections and the depth was excellent. Right now I have Menzerna Power Lock on the car. I personally couldn't tell the difference between Power Lock and Blackfire.
    Awesome! Any mods? Just curious how long are you supposed to wait typically before topping a sealant with nuba?

'09 Lexus IS350 - Starfire Pearl

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pmach View Post

Just curious how long are you supposed to wait typically before topping a sealant with nuba?
    12 hours
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Just the F-Sport anti-sway bar. It made a world of difference in cornering stability. I also want to get the F-Sport shocks and springs, but the reviews have been mixed.

At this point, I would say the biggest mod I made was ditching the Bridgestone Turanzas for some Sumitomo HTRZ III's. That alone has made the biggest difference in performance. The Turanzas are just pieces of $%#&!

I personally don't count this as a mod, but I did add loads of sound deadening material along with closed cell foam insulation in the door panels and trunk. I'm pretty sure I probably have one of the quietest IS350's around.

As you know, most sealants tend to have a cure time. They all differ (Blackfire recommends 8 hours, while Wolfgang recommends overnight in a garage), but most people shoot for 12 hours before slapping on the 'nuba.

Post Thanks / Like

I've also got the F-sport anti-sway bars and the lowering springs too. I never bothered getting the shocks since I have the sport package already and was told there isn't that much of a difference. The combination of sway bars and springs make a world of difference in how the car handles/responds. I'm still on the OE Turanza's and man do they suck. The have about 25,000KM on them and are noiser than my winter tires and keep the traction control system pretty busy under spirited driving....until I turn it off

Thanks for the info on the curing time!

'09 Lexus IS350 - Starfire Pearl

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone tried Dodo Juice Diamond White?

Post Thanks / Like

I would go with the Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0 and top it with the Pinnacle Signature Series II Wax on a Pearl White vehicle.

Post Thanks / Like

On my white MB, I'm currently using Optimum Opti-Seal. Then top it with Dodo Juice Light Fantastic Wax. Finally a layer of Pinnacle Souveran spray wax. Works out well so far, but still playing around with different LSP combinations.

Post Thanks / Like

Big thanks to everyone for your replies, really appreciate the advice!

I think I'm going to go with the Collinite 845/Natty's original combo this time around and see what happens.....I only plan on waxing 2 or maybe 3 times a year so Collinite seems like the way to go. Being new to detailing, these products also seem to be fairly easy to apply.

Do you think I should start with the Collinite and layer the Natty's over the top, or the other way around? I am guessing a 12 hour wait is needed between applying the second wax/sealant?

Thanks again!

2009 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Wagon
    Touring Package
    Satin White Pearl

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't top 845 with anything just my opinion. You could go 476 topped with 845 or another nuba. I personally like duragloss 501 topped with a good nuba. Soon I will try dg501 topped with col 845

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Toneranger View Post
    Big thanks to everyone for your replies, really appreciate the advice!

I think I'm going to go with the Collinite 845/Natty's original combo this time around and see what happens.....I only plan on waxing 2 or maybe 3 times a year so Collinite seems like the way to go. Being new to detailing, these products also seem to be fairly easy to apply.

Do you think I should start with the Collinite and layer the Natty's over the top, or the other way around? I am guessing a 12 hour wait is needed between applying the second wax/sealant?

Thanks again!

If I was forced to do it I would top 845 with natty's. With collinite, you don't have to wait more than an hour after you buff off to apply natty's. I would wait just to be on the "safe" side. However, I'm not a fan with topping with 2 different brand products. It's like mixing and matching. You can do 2 coats of the same product. JMO.
    '03 Corvette Z06

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast