autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Does Zymol Wax Actually Last??

Guess the bottom line comes down to how I market my "wax job" to clients - am I pushing showroom shine the day I finish the job, or durability for months and months...

Post Thanks / Like

If by the most carnauba, you mean the longest protection of any wax? I say Collinite waxes would be a good look for you.
    The Gleam Master Detailing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MobolWerks View Post
    Guess the bottom line comes down to how I market my "wax job" to clients - am I pushing showroom shine the day I finish the job, or durability for months and months...
    That depends on what the client wants. Most clients just want a wash and wax, interior,others want full correction details "the works". When you sit down and create your business model, you'll create categories that fit your customers needs on a detail.
    The Gleam Master Detailing

Post Thanks / Like

Have you found that your clients care more about the day they pick up their vehicle from you, or the day they bring it back to you???

i.e do they care about having to see you more often as long as the initial shine is worth it....

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Does Zymol Wax Actually Last??

Mike,

I have heard from many people, websites, etc. that Zymol Waxes look great, but last about a month..

I'm curious if that is true..

Secondly, what is the biggest visual and durability difference between Zymol and what I currently use, which is P21S Concours-Look Wax???

I use Zymol Concours, and do it quarterly. YMMV, depending on your car's usage, environmental conditions, etc. Concours is a great price/performance sweet spot, and the tub lasts me for years! I like Zymol, but for the money P21s is a decent product.

Carnauba has a "deeper wet look" than a sealant. But a sealant will generally last longer. Remember a sealant is not wax!

Detailing is like religion. Everyone wants the same result, but there's different ways of getting there...

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Does Zymol Wax Actually Last??

Mike,

I have heard from many people, websites, etc. that Zymol Waxes look great, but last about a month..

I'm curious if that is true..

Secondly, what is the biggest visual and durability difference between Zymol and what I currently use, which is P21S Concours-Look Wax???

I use Zymol Concours, which, IMHO, is a great sweet spot in the price/performance equation. I do it quarterly, though YMMV depending on environmental conditions. A tub last me several years
    , as a little goes a long way! When you divide the price by the years, to me cost is not a major issue.

Sealants last longer, but aren't wax and don't give you the deep wet look. P21s wax isn't a bad product for the money, however.

As for sealants, I have one older BMW that stays outside and is a total workhorse. I use Deep Swax on it, with very good results. And I have a Ducati with Zymol Destiny. (consumption minimal)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ASPHALT ROCKET View Post
    That is just like Swissvax, it is all marketing. When you get to that price point there really is only Zymol and Swissvax.
    your paying for their name, their sponsorships, their heritage, and their research-development which is often shared across the line.

So where would you go if you were stepping up a price point or two from P21S, Zymol, Swissvax???
    ....and would a customer actually notice the difference (whether I would notice becomes fairly irrelivant if the customer is looking for a certain price for the overall service)
    There are lots of waxes under 100.00 that offer alot of bang for the buck. P21S 100% , DP Max Wax, SSII, Souveran Paste, and Fuzion are a couple offered here. I think MOST would be hard pressed to see the difference. But as detailers, we often notice some light nuiances in products.

I think those that spend the higher $$ for waxes often "want" or "need" to see something special to solidify the purchase. Best question is always "would you buy it again " ...

Have you found that your clients care more about the day they pick up their vehicle from you, or the day they bring it back to you???

i.e do they care about having to see you more often as long as the initial shine is worth it....
    When any client pays for a detail they want to "see" the difference as a slap in the face. Showroom New so to speak. But remember they got the car into that shape prior to detail, and they will again. They often dont see any value in transportation that is depreciating, and thats ok. Add a very strong product with heavy durability and they might just wait instead of getting on a more frequent detail process which means more $$ in their pockets and less in yours.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like

I have used Swissvax and I have to say its the longest lasting wax I have used so far. I got about 4 months on a car thats garaged at night. I would like to see how Dodo Juice Super Natural holds up.

I mostly use Ultima Paint Guard Plus, because it works great and is fast to apply.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by killrwheels@autogeek View Post

I think those that spend the higher $$ for waxes often "want" or "need" to see something special to solidify the purchase. Best question is always "would you buy it again " ...
    For Swissvax, my answer is yes I would buy it again, no question. I'd also like to try DJ Supernatural though.

Post Thanks / Like

Another selling point for higher end waxes from Swissvax and Zymol is name recognition for customers who want more intensive details. Most if not all people would not have heard of Pinnacle or DP or Wolfgang but will recognize Zymol or maybe Swissvax. This means that you can use this as a selling point to legitimize a high end detail you may offer and give customers confidence in your products.

On the topic of looks; I have found that there is almost no differences between most waxes on a properly polished and prepped paint surface but will that stop me from trying out boutique waxes? No, because each wax feels slightly different in application and the waxes' performance in terms beading, durability, and ease of cleaning come into play as well.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast