autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: PC 7424 & Mystic Paint!!

Quote Originally Posted by WiSh4SvTs View Post
    My mystic is a 1996! So is it hard or soft? I've also been told the megs 105 isn't very easy to work with if your a newb, truth?

Also I will be getting extra pads, probably CCS orange, white, and blue. There is only one spot on the car with some minor scratches but the rest of it is just swirls.
    T
    Also to clarify if anyone doesn't know...

Mystic and Mystichrome are completly different colors from different years! Mystic only in 1996 cobras and Mystichrome on 04 cobras. Same color changing characteristics but different colors!
    It really isn't the color that you worry about since your paint is clear coated. Most of the mid 90's Mustangs I have done have been on the medium to harder paint side.

Since you are using the pc the Megs 105 and 205 would offer you the most benefit. They seem to work the best with the pc. The 105 isn't that hard at all with the pc. Just properly prime your pad and do not work a large area and you will be fine.

Your pad choices are going to work nicely with the pc, just make sure they are 5.5 inch ones.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank Mike P. That's the picture I was trying to show as you said it was your favorite. Lol. My paint is in pretty good shape, just mostly swirls like the first pic you showed but not nearly that bad. About half that actually.

Why the 5.5" pads over the 6.5"? Also what size backing plate do I need with them?

And to clarify I have to use a glaze after the 205? Sealant is the same as wax is it not or is it a substitute?

Thanks for all the help everyone!
    1996 MYSTIC Cobra #405

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WiSh4SvTs View Post
    Thank Mike P. That's the picture I was trying to show as you said it was your favorite. Lol. My paint is in pretty good shape, just mostly swirls like the first pic you showed but not nearly that bad. About half that actually.

Why the 5.5" pads over the 6.5"? Also what size backing plate do I need with them?

And to clarify I have to use a glaze after the 205? Sealant is the same as wax is it not or is it a substitute?

Thanks for all the help everyone!
    The 5.5 work, cut better than the 6.5 pads. The smaller pads let the pc work easier so they cut better. Pick up a 5 inch backing plate for the 5..5 pads.

There is no need for glaze after you last polishing step. You can go to your lsp, wax or sealant after that step. Sealant is synthetic as a wax is from natural resources. The sealant will last longer.

Post Thanks / Like

I would m205 it and go over it with some 3m ultrafina and maybe some m07 show car glaze and then wax it with the wax of your choice. I think ive seen this car in a car show at Dallas Mustang...... not sure though

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Preus View Post
    I would m205 it and go over it with some 3m ultrafina and maybe some m07 show car glaze and then wax it with the wax of your choice. I think ive seen this car in a car show at Dallas Mustang...... not sure though
    Yeah I was at there car show late last year. Pretty cool!! Did you see the orange 86 across from me? Absolutely spectacular, that car is a legend in TX! I think it won an award there too!
    Last edited by WiSh4SvTs; 02-09-2010 at 11:42 PM.
    1996 MYSTIC Cobra #405

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123