autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ozone Generators.....do they really work?

Do you leave the house while running it ? It's not recommended to use in occupied spaces. We have one too but can't use it a ton in the house cause it's not unoccupied very often with no people and pets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneB View Post
    ... I do recommend you do some google searching to educate yourself on them so you have the knowledge to explain to clients what the process really is and how it works and all.
    Good advice. According to what I've found, like from the Air Resources Board in California (arb.ca.gov), they can't even be sold unless the ozone levels emitted are so small it's virtually ineffective as an air cleaner. There's still a lot of gray area for me, to say the least.

Post Thanks / Like

I have used one for several years and yes they do work. I was very skeptical at first and was hesitant about the purchase but after doing some research I decided to go with the Maxblaster. I was still skeptical until I used it the first time and saw that it really did work. I have detailed some of the worst cars and worst smelling cars from smoke to pet hair and the final results area amazing. It is not a substitute for a good interior cleaning but when you combine a good interior cleaning with the Ozone Generator you will be impressed. There are several brands on the market and they probably all do about the same thing. Not sure I have only tried the one brand that I purchased.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry for being so late to this. A lot of people do not know how exactly does it work. You leave it for a few hours to work how does it go away? Is it dangerous for us? You can get all the answers by reading this simple guide

SPAM Link removed - Mike Phillips

There are smells in a car that are not going away unless you really try to get rid of them. If you combine cleaning the car thoroughly and one of these ozone generators you will be able to get rid of any smell. It is really simple to use and most importantly it works.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by BrandonDyer View Post

Sorry for being so late to this. How exactly does it work, you leave it for a few hours to work how does it go away?

I know we should not breathe it in.
    You have 4 posts on this forum and 2 of them include links that simply look like spam links.

See ya Spammer!

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneB View Post
    I sell an ozone treatment as an add on to my interior details. I will not ozone an interior unless I've detailed it first. Reason being the source of the odor needs to be removed or the ozone will just mask it temporarily.

It works amazing and definitely kills odors and leaves a fresh scent, think of the smell in the air just after a thunderstorm passes, just more potent. The scent will linger for a couple days but eventually clears out. I tell my customers to make sure to leave all the windows and doors open for a minimum one hour before entering the vehicle.

I believe they work by converting oxygen atoms (O2) into ozone (O3) through use of an electric current. I believe it's the same effect as lightning in the atmosphere (hence the similar scent as a thunderstorm). The ozone (O3) naturally converts back to oxygen (O2) and is completely harmless. Don't be mistaken though. ozone (O3) is not safe and you should not breathe it.

They work very well and can be picked up for relatively cheap. I believe I got mine for about $80 off amazon. I do recommend you do some google searching to educate yourself on them so you have the knowledge to explain to clients what the process really is and how it works and all.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrandonDyer View Post
    Sorry for being so late to this. How exactly does it work, you leave it for a few hours to work how does it go away? I know we should not breathe it in.
    To properly use it, the machine needs to be placed outside the vehicle and the Ozone pumped into it. Bottom line is the machine needs fresh o2 to convert to o3 otherwise it will go flat too soon and not "shock" or completely fill the interior with a strong enough dose. In the end, once completed, just leave the windows of the vehicle open. o3 will revert back and dissipate within 15 minutes and thus it will be safe to re-enter the vehicle.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ B4U View Post
    To properly use it, the machine needs to be placed outside the vehicle and the Ozone pumped into it. Bottom line is the machine needs fresh o2 to convert to o3 otherwise it will go flat too soon and not "shock" or completely fill the interior with a strong enough dose. In the end, once completed, just leave the windows of the vehicle open. o3 will revert back and dissipate within 15 minutes and thus it will be safe to re-enter the vehicle.

Great technique insight.

Thank you for sharing.

8. Thanks TTQ B4U thanked for this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123