autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Stop lurking and join the forum today!

Quote Originally Posted by AutoAppeal View Post
    Guilty as charged, but i'm in!
    Welcome!

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by AutoAppeal View Post

Guilty as charged, but i'm in!

Welcome to AGO!

Post Thanks / Like

I have been an Autogeek lurker for a few months now. I have probably logged 20 plus hours on the Autogeek website. Don't ask how many times I have looked at the different Lake Country polishing pads, Menzerna Polishes, and Meguiars products. How does a guy get enjoyment at looking at foam polishing pads?

My background in detailing started when I was 14 years old, detailing cars at my father's used car lot. It took me a few years and I convinced my dad to buy a Dewalt polisher and some 3M pads. I was hooked from that point. My dad recently semi-retired and gave me the Dewalt polisher and it still works flawlessly. I came to Autogeek and spent way too much money on everything from Meguiars APC, Super Degreaser, Xpress Wax, to Menzerna compounds and polishes (oh, and I finally got to buy some Lake Country pads).

Mike Phillips' post on the "Mindset of a Professional Detailer" really struck home with me. It seems that the majority of the truly professional detailers adopt this mindset. After watching hours upon hours of youtube videos you get a feel for the detailer's passion towards his/her craft. Thank you for all the helpful information. I feel like I have learned countless tips and techniques from the help of Mike and all the other knowledgable Autogeeks.

Thanks again,
    Bob

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by LEDetailing View Post

I have been an Autogeek lurker for a few months now. I have probably logged 20 plus hours on the Autogeek website. Don't ask how many times I have looked at the different Lake Country polishing pads, Menzerna Polishes, and Meguiars products. How does a guy get enjoyment at looking at foam polishing pads?
    Welcome to AGO and I can tell already you're going to fit right in.

My background in detailing started when I was 14 years old, detailing cars at my father's used car lot. It took me a few years and I convinced my dad to buy a Dewalt polisher and some 3M pads. I was hooked from that point. My dad recently semi-retired and gave me the Dewalt polisher and it still works flawlessly. I came to Autogeek and spent way too much money on everything from Meguiars APC, Super Degreaser, Xpress Wax, to Menzerna compounds and polishes (oh, and I finally got to buy some Lake Country pads).
    Great background...

Mike Phillips' post on the "Mindset of a Professional Detailer" really struck home with me. It seems that the majority of the truly professional detailers adopt this mindset.
    That's definitely one of my favorite articles that I've ever written. For everyone that will read this thread into the future here's the link to the article.

The Mindset of a Professional Detailer

After watching hours upon hours of youtube videos you get a feel for the detailer's passion towards his/her craft. Thank you for all the helpful information. I feel like I have learned countless tips and techniques from the help of Mike and all the other knowledgeable Autogeek's.

Thanks again,
    Bob

Thanks for sharing your story Bob and I'm already looking forward to your future posts.

Mike Phillips

***Bump***

Stop lurking and join in the fun!

Post Thanks / Like

I remember when I became a member but I didn't participate for a while. I'm not a social person online mainly because of Facebook. This is the only social media I have and I love autogeek. Very friendly people.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

One of my things was that even tho I am a car nut I am not a computerologist. So I had hesitations of joining for fear of always being bugged with ads and trying to sell me crap.. This is not the case with this forum. Its a wonderful place with a lot of info and helpful advice. Its just amazing how many visitors there are and how few members compared to visitors in the site.. It cost nothing to become a member and the savings/promos as a member is even better.. If your afraid of being harassed by this site don't be.. Everyone is very helpful here as usually all car nuts are... Stop lurking and support your favorite site by signing up... More power in numbers and give credit where credit is due....

Post Thanks / Like

Join today and have your credit card ready. I love this place. In the last year I don't know if I have gone two days without checking in with my fellow AG's.

Thanks to Mike and all the other members for all the great articles and videos.

One year on AGO, I'm excited to see all the new products, tools, and techniques discussed. When temps are -10 degrees Fahrenheit like they are right now, AGO gives me a bit of my detailing fix

Post Thanks / Like

Yes. Joining does not require posting everyday. Just chime in with a kudos, a question or bragging about every last Fruit Loop you were able dig out of the Caravan.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by poyo150 View Post

I remember when I became a member but I didn't participate for a while.

I'm not a social person online mainly because of Facebook. This is the only social media I have and I love autogeek.

Very friendly people.

Thanks for joining the forum and joining in the fun!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast