autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Rupes Bigfoot Help

Hey Guys,

Im relatively new to the forum but have been on here reading up on advice. Today I had my first go at the Rupes bigfoot LHR12E Duetto and used it on a friends 4 yr old Black Range Rover sport.

I started with the yellow pad/fine polish but soon realized i would need to go the coarse blue pad/zephir coarse polish.

I was a little un-impressed with the results, the surface imperfections (water marks/fine scratches) just didnt seem to come out. After some time I achieved an approximate 80% improvement using the entire pad/compound /polish range.

After completion (after the fine pad/fine polish) there were slight holograms in direct sunlight.

I have read/watched all the tutorials and followed the correct proceedures - am I missing something?? Maybe i was expecting too much.... I thought that there were not meant to be any holograms.

Thanks for any advice.

Before any correction -

After all 3 stages -

Finished Car -

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rupes Bigfoot Help

You might want to get the 15 or 21 might help a lot with time. The 13 is a little small for doing a whole car. When polishing you might want to slow your arm speed and and over lap 50/50. Technique is everything when doing paint correction. Starting with a med cut polish would be better and always do a test spot first and see what works.

Post Thanks / Like

It could be that the original holograms were not completely removed, which means you may have to get a little more aggressive, such as using a MF pad.

The holograms you see could also be from the polish residue. Try wiping with an IPA solution, Carpro Eraser, etc, first to remove all polish residue and then see if you still see the holograms. That's happened to me before and it was the polish residue that was causing the holograms I saw.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

If possible, take a video of you polishing a particular section and it will help us figure out if the problem is in the method of polishing.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Guys.

Post Thanks / Like

We have the 21, Duetto and the 75. Been using them about 3 months. We have had pretty good luck with the Megs DA system as well as using their MF pads with other compunds) I do slow arm speed, overlap by 50% and just the weight of my hand for the downward pressure. (On horizontal surfaces. For vertical I just guess the weight of my machine and hand and give it that much pressure)