autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    The UK citrus prewash products are diluted APCs. I've used APCs diluted at 1:10 ratio product/water as presoaking with amazing results. I have a coating so I'm not worried about LSP issues. Keep in mind you don't need a dwell time more than 5 minutes which is enough time to do the job without compromising the LSP.

If you like the citrus smell get some HD or Chemical guys citrus APC and dilute it at an incredible cost savings as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    In my day we didn't have the Internet, iPods,iPads, or smart phones....but we had some really bad-azz cars.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: AutoFinesse Citrus Power

Quote Originally Posted by PiPUK View Post
    To burst a bubble... Citrus prewash type products are very similar to APCs. Often, the citrus element is actually just a fragrance (check your msds)! A diluted APC will be perfectly good as a prewash and will not strip a half decent LSP.
    From the posts, I think most consider recognize it an APC. The MSDS does not list anything as hazardous.

If APC's are similar, I suspect they are missing an opportunity to provide dilution instructions for similar usage (LSP safe but strong cleaning power).

PB's Bug Squash is such a product but I cannot say I have tested the limits -- full strength to strip (or reduce LSP) and 1:3 as LSP safe for bug cleaning, etc.
    Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

I would like to add my "stripping" (strong clean but will not claim I have a full proof method to say everything is stripped) is mix soap and APC in a foam cannon. It seems to work well as a cleaner.
    Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

I already have some CG All Clean+ so I'll try some different dilution ratios with that and see if I can improve my results, thanks for the info.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by StockPolo6R View Post
    Hey there

I would like to find out if AF citrus power will strip waxes and/or sealants from my car.

The product information claims that it is safe for use on lsp's and will not remove them but I'd like an unbiased or hands on confirmation.

Thanks in advance
    It has not in my experience of over 30 liters of use. Absolutely superb product. Not as overall useful as P21S Total Auto Wash but I don't think it was intended to be.
    -----------------------------------
    http://www.birminghamautodetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    From the posts, I think most consider recognize it an APC. The MSDS does not list anything as hazardous.

If APC's are similar, I suspect they are missing an opportunity to provide dilution instructions for similar usage (LSP safe but strong cleaning power).

PB's Bug Squash is such a product but I cannot say I have tested the limits -- full strength to strip (or reduce LSP) and 1:3 as LSP safe for bug cleaning, etc.
    Where did you get an MSDS from? I haven't been able to get any since they changed manufacturer nearly 18 months back.

The listing of hazardous ingreds is only necessary above certain limits, you can have highly toxic ingredients, but below 0.1%, they need not be listed (in the EU, you guys may well have differences).

As I noted to silverfox, the popularity of RFU products confuses me. As per your MSDS, there is sufficiently little active material in there that it doesn't even need listed. If the resulting products were sold inexpensively, it would make sense but you often find the RFU and the concentrate products retail for similar money. In the UK, there is a popular product which is 10:1, look further and there are 50:1 and even 100:1 products - a wash with an RFU product can cost dollars in terms of the amount of product used, but a concentrate can cost you as little as a few cents per use, even if you are very heavy handed.

I must say that it really does confuse me - people will complain about a couple of dollars of shipping of their product which is 50x the cost per use of an alternative. Doesn't quite compute!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PiPUK View Post
    Where did you get an MSDS from? I haven't been able to get any since they changed manufacturer nearly 18 months back.
    The one I found was dated in 2011 so maybe not the latest formula. It is near the top when you search using google.
    Al
    The Need to Bead

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rjd598 View Post
    I've used it for a year now. Didnt remove any wax from my car that I could tell. Love this product
    Where you able to purchase the Auto Finesse Citrus Power product anywhere here in the U.S.! I haven't found
    anywhere on the internet that shows it available for purchase except direct from "Auto Finesse" and the cheapest
    shipping from Fedex who they use for international shipping to the U.S. is about $15!

Mac B.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TundraPower View Post
    It has not in my experience of over 30 liters of use. Absolutely superb product. Not as overall useful as P21S Total Auto Wash but I don't think it was intended to be.
    Hey I live in Tuscaloosa! I don't know if you will see this post since your post was several years ago! Were you able to find the CITRUS POWER for sale
    anywhere here in the U.S. without ordering it direct from "Auto Finesse" in the UK!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12