autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

Shout out to Renny Doyle! - Thank you!

Shout out to Renny Doyle! - Thank you!

I've been trying to get this posted all week and have just been slammed with the launch of the new Black Label line plus shooting a new commercial with Tommy's 440 Cuda and buffing out Tommy's 440 Cuda.

Better late than never so here goes...

Thank you Renny Doyle!

Thank you Renny for asking me to be one of the guest speakers at your 2013 Detailer's Summit at SEMA this year!

I consider this invitation to speak as one of the highest honors that I've ever been blessed with since getting into the auto industry and I'm looking forward to meeting everyone at this event.

For our forum members that don't know about this event, it's an annual event put on by Renny Doyle and his wife Diane for the members of their Detail Mafia which includes all Renny's students from his detailing classes. This is an invitation only meeting and again, an incredible honor to be asked to be a guest speaker and the opening presenter.

Here's a list of the incredible talent that Renny's assembled for this year's Detailer's Summit besides myself from Renny's Detailing Success.com website.

Detailer's Summit at SEMA 2013
    Each year, our group of professional detailer's gather at the conclusion of the SEMA event. This year is a very special year as we have several key guest speakers and presenters.

This year, we have a very in depth event planned!

Jim Lafeber
    Jim currently owns and operates Simon's Shine Shop located in Chicago, is the founder of Dr. Beasley's Detailing Products and is the current IDA President.

Jim has done an incredible job of branding his business and creating a destination for his clients. Jim has a natural gift of branding and has built his business by connecting with his clients. Come connect with Jim and have him share his tips and tricks to building a successful brand.

Josh McCooey
    Glass Mechanix University - "The Proven Path to Windshield Profitability"

How to get your Detailing Business or car wash involved in the windshield repair business. This opportunity can be installed as easy as Express Detailing Services and more profitable.

In 55 minutes Josh will cover repair anatomy, a proper repair, technology in equipment, technology in processing, 3 Keys to Success when adding windshield repair, finding a replacement partner, "Integration" what it means and how to integrate glass into your current business model. Plus the theory behind longevity in your business.

Kimberly Ballard
    Known as the "PR Writer of Successful Detailer's Kimberly is a dynamic writer and has been at the cutting edge of bringing the press to countless detailer's.

We are happy that Kimberly is making a rare appearance and presenting on the importance of marketing yourself with proper PR, what you should be doing to gain attention and then how to get in the press!! She is a miracle worker and we are excited to have her take part this year!

Rob Crowell
    Rob is the President of GTECHNIQ North America and a financial wizard. Based on interviews with a host of professional detailer's, Rob will be presenting what you, the pro should be looking at financial model wise.

We are lucky to have a man of Rob's value building us a sample financial model that will serve those attending for years to come and help secure the financial success of your detailing business based off of sound financial modeling.

Jason Whiteley
    Jason is the National Sales Manager for SONAX USA and we are HONORED to have Jason and the international trainer for SONAX join us this year.

Jason will be presenting on proper sales and success based marketing, customer service and what it takes to succeed within business today. Jason is an expert in customer service and is sure to give us a good dose of success based input from his year's within the sales and marketing environments!

This year's guest speakers at Renny Doyle's 2013 Detailer's Summit

I rarely use this emoticon on this forum as I save it for only the most important events or accomplishments by our forum members but this honor deserves 5 of these little guys...

Mike Phillips

Re: Shout out to Renny Doyle! - Thank you!

Another honor I'm thankful for...

Something else I'd like to say to Renny and that's thank you for also asking me to be a contributor to your first book. Renny asked a handful of people to contribute real world experiences on a number of topics and I consider it a great honor to have also been selected for this privilege.

This picture was taken at SEMA last year where Renny and I exchanged signed copies of our books to each other...

Here's my signed copy by the man himself...

Buddy I know how much time goes behind word smithing your experience into a book and you have my respect.

Personal Recommendation
    For anyone reading this, if you're thinking about getting into the detailing business, before you do anything, order a copy of Renny's book and read it cover to cover 2-3 times and let every word, every idea, suggestion and real-world life story from Renny and everyone that contributed sink in. By the time you really digest what Renny share in his book you'll know inside if detailing as a business is the right choice for you.

How to Start a Home-based Car Detailing Business

Post Thanks / Like

I'm just got one "How to Start a Home-based Car Detailing Business" for myself.

As Mike said, this is a good book, so many areas have piqued my interest and i marked up most of the pages with a highlighter!

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats Mike. I have yours and Renny's books both have a ton of knowledge and experience in them. I believe with both books and using the AGO forums I will have many years of success.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Mike for coming and sharing your passion with us at the Detailers summit. We all appreciate it!

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by mljjones67 View Post
    Thanks Mike for coming and sharing your passion with us at the Detailers summit. We all appreciate it!

It was my genuine pleasure...

I'll see if Yancy has some pictures from this event to share...

Post Thanks / Like

Mike thanks for taking the time to come to the event after spending the week at SEMA. You are an inspiration for many in the detailing world look forward to seeing you at the next event.

Selected member of Air Force One detailing team 2007, 2008, 2011 & 2017 IDA CD/SV Founders Club
    www.jimsauto.net Ipswich Ma 978 356 7372

Post Thanks / Like

Mike, congratulations on being apart of such an exclusive club. I have found that it's one thing to know that you have the skills, but it's a whole other level when you're recognized for them. You, sir, are rightfully recognized for not only your skill in detailing and paint reconditioning, but also as an educator and innovator - especially in the online world.

May this be a small token of much more of the public appreciation that is bestowed upon you, now and in the future. Congratulations, again, and I, as always, wish you nothing but the best!

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations Mike you deserve it you have help so many people with detailing and life experiences. You are a huge inspiration to all of us here on the forum.

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations Mike. Very well deserved!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast