autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Microfiber towel

What makes a microfiber towel good or bad and where is the best place to buy them

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Microfiber towel

Dear Mercedes

This place, Autogeek, is an excellent source for high-quality microfiber towels.

Those towels that are made in Korea are generally regarded as superior to those made in China.

There's a new microfiber line here in the US called Microfiber Madness that may be the finest microfiber towel money can buy.

If you're new to detailing, the main thing you want is Mike Phillips's comprehensive book, The Complete Guide to a Show Car Shine. Mike writes about everything you need. For instance, there are a minimum of four categories of towels you should have, and Mike describes them all.
    — Jaddie, Max's proud chauffeur
    2012 Honda Odyssey & 2016 Ford Escape

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Microfiber towel

There are microfiber towels for different jobs. You should choose based on your needs first. There are plenty of high quality towels at a reasonable price. You can check here at Autogeek, Chemical Guys, DF Concours and Car Pro. I personally prefer DF Concours, Car Pro and Chemical guys selection, quality and customer service. DF Concours is about the only place I know of that makes high end Pima cotton towels. You will find better prices through Chemical Guys and I have yet to purchase a poor quality microfiber product from them. In regards to price. More money does not always mean better. One example would be Zaino's Blonde towel considered to be the best towel in some circles. They are $20+ a towel and they are always on back order. You can get a quality seamless, edgeless towel from Car Pro for $5. Car Pro sells high quality products. If it's on their site it's good a good product. I will be the first to tell you that I use cheap towels for certain jobs. Like the dirty stuff. I'm not going anywhere near windows with my good towels. When it comes to buffing polish and wax. That's were you want to use your best towels. Take your time and read reviews and do your research and you will find good towels at a good price.
    inDetail, "It's all in the details."