autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

BLACKFIRE Total Polish and Seal before Crystal Seal ?

Newbie alert! I'm still just at the "maintenance stage", havent gotten into the whole polishing thing. I'm going to get a good local detailer do a 5 stage polish on my 5 month old black Golf GTI, and then prep it for BF Crystal Seal.

1. Do i need to use BF Total Polish and Seal, to remove the polishing oils done by the detailer and then use Crystal seal or can i just do an IPA wash down and proceed with Crystal Seal?
    2. After crystal seal, is there any benefit of using BF Wet Diamond Polymer Spray to maintain the Crystal Seal or will maintenance washes with ONR Wash and Wax be sufficient?

McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: BLACKFIRE Total Polish and Seal before Crystal Seal ?

Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil from Dubai View Post
    Newbie alert! I'm still just at the "maintenance stage", havent gotten into the whole polishing thing. I'm going to get a good local detailer do a 5 stage polish on my 5 month old black Golf GTI, and then prep it for BF Crystal Seal.
    You should consider doing the work yourself! A simple two-step approach is suitable for 99% of vehicles - check out BLACKFIRE SRC Compound and BLACKFIRE SRC Finishing Polish. The compound will do the majority of the work (swirls, light scratches, water spots, etc) while the finishing polish will refine the surface and maximize gloss.

If you're new to machine polishing and aren't sure where to start, the kit below is a great option for taking the simple approach.

Blackfire Porter Cable 7424XP Starter Kit

1. Do i need to use BF Total Polish and Seal, to remove the polishing oils done by the detailer and then use Crystal seal or can i just do an IPA wash down and proceed with Crystal Seal?
    2. After crystal seal, is there any benefit of using BF Wet Diamond Polymer Spray to maintain the Crystal Seal or will maintenance washes with ONR Wash and Wax be sufficient?
    No need to use BLACKFIRE Total Polish & Seal if you're going to polish the paint first. You don't have to perform an IPA wipedown either. Simply apply the Crystal Seal, stand back and enjoy!

Maintain the shine, slickness and protection of Crystal Seal with BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond Polymer Spray or regularly wash the vehicle with BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond Rinseless Wash. Both products contain protective polymers which will reinforce the protective properties of Crystal Seal.

For tips on BLACKFIRE Crystal Seal, check out the thread below.

BLACKFIRE Crystal Seal - The 11 Minute Paint Sealant

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Nick!!

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I really wish i could do polishing on my own, but i live in a condo, and no access to power nor a garage to work so until then local detailer for correction works!

uhm Nick, i have one more question ;
    i was going to get them to use TPnS instead of their finishing polish? is that OK? I just want the last step by them to be a BF product so that the Crystal Seal application would be enhanced!

Post Thanks / Like

Nikhil welcome to AGO. Like Nick said no need to use BF Total polish and seal after polishing.

But to maintain BF CS I do use polymer spray after doing a rinseless.
    2017 Mercedes Benz AMG C43
    2016 Acura MDX SH-awd

Post Thanks / Like

How much correction does your paint need.
    In this thread below I did a spot on my car and only used BF Tpns on the rear door. Worked quite well.

I
    Review: BF BlackIce
    2016 Acura MDX SH-awd

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your reply Dhaval.
    I think i will get the polymer spray and a rinseless with BF also to maintain the crystal seal.
    Regarding the correction, i'd say its in fair condition with some light swirls with the DISO and some watermarks and bird bombs.
    My question now is, when is TPnS actually required?

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

when is actually TPnS required? Does it remove light swirls, watermarks and bird bombs?

Post Thanks / Like

when is actually TPnS required? Does it remove light swirls, watermarks and bird bombs?
    Before using BFCS I would use TPnS just so I know its a squeaky clean surface that will give BFCS best surface to bond to.
    2016 Acura MDX SH-awd

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

ok got it, thanks again Dhaval!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast