autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

Decontaminating a 1955 Ford Crown Victoria - Brilliant Shine Autoscrub Kit

Decontaminating a 1955 Ford Crown Victoria - Brilliant Shine Autoscrub Kit

Even classic show cars need to be decontaminated and polished as a part of their normal maintenance as "car guys" tend to expose their rides to environments where airborne contaminants are present and as such they can easily build up on all the exterior surfaces.

Case in point, this beautiful, all original 1955 Ford Crown Victoria

After wiping the exterior clean using a waterless wash the next thing I did was,

The Baggie Test - How to inspect for above surface bonded contaminants

Inspecting the hood - Yep, feels rough here...

Inspecting the roof... yep... feels rough here...

Inspecting the vertical panels on the driver's side and "yep", feels rough here...

Here's a brand new product by Nanoskin, it's there Brilliant Shine Nanoskin Kit - Coming Soon to Autogeek

The kit includes,

Autoscrub Speedy Prep Sponge
    Autoscrub Instant Detail Spray "Smooth"
    Autoscrub Hydro Express Hydrophobic Spray Polymer
    16" by 24" Premium Microfiber Towel

To use this new Autoscrub kit to decontaminate your car you simply mist the "Smooth" onto the surface and then rub the Speedy Prep Sponge back and forth over the surface with no pressure to remove any above surface bonded contaminants.

While the instructions didn't state you needed to break the rubber polymer surface in by running it over glass first I figured it couldn't hurt and because I felt some type of contaminants on the glass I went ahead and broke the surface in on the windshield.

Then moved to the top and worked by way down...

Typically if the paint is contaminated, all the other smooth surfaces will be contaminated also so I proceeded to use the Autoscrub Speedy Prep Sponge over all the paint, stainless steel and glass.

Mike Phillips

Re: Decontaminating a 1955 Ford Crown Victoria - Brilliant Shine Autoscrub Kit

Continued...

This is a fairly large car and I went through most of the lube to decontaminate the entire car including all the paint, glass and stainless. For most people you'll use less product as in most cases only the horizontal surfaces need to be decontaminated. Always inspect to make sure before you start.

My comments...
    The kit worked well plus it's a complete kit including everything you need to decontaminate multiple cars.

The best part is if you drop the Speedy Prep Surface Sponge on the ground you can wash it and reuse it.

I was surprised to find some kind of contamination built up on the entire exterior of the car. Could be spray paint as "Car Guys" tend to rattle can parts in their garage as they're working on whatever the current car project might be. Regardless, the Speedy Prep Surface Sponge left a clean, smooth surface thus perfectly preparing it for the next step which will be machine compounding to remove swirls and scratches.

On Autogeek.net

Coming soon... call Nick if you want to get moved to the front of the list...

1-800-869-3011

Post Thanks / Like

Looking like its a good product. Great review as always.

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome. I've been following the sponge for about a month and a half now and was waiting for AG and AF to pick it up.

Will you be carrying both grades as well?
    Nova College of Dental Medicine Class of 2017
    Please check out my detailing YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/roshan517

Post Thanks / Like

Great review..........

....Like I really needed to say that though
    In the business world, the rear-view mirror is always clearer than the windshield.

McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

Awesome review Mike!

The Brilliant Shine Kit will be priced right around $25 and while it won't be up on the site for a week or two, if you send me an email I can have one added to your order.

Nick@autogeek.net

Post Thanks / Like

Oh wow, literally clay footprint.

As if NanoSkin is saying, "Don't like our towel? Prefer something that fits snugly in your hand? Try this."

Post Thanks / Like

Another interesting alternative to a clay bar. I'm really liking this style.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by smack View Post
    Another interesting alternative to a clay bar. I'm really liking this style.

There's pretty much something for everyone's tastes now days...

While the paint on this classic Ford is now shiny after restoring a smooth surface, it still needs the swirsl and scratches buffed out. I found a way to apply product to the pads of the Rupes polishers that works pretty well when I did the Test Spot. You'll see me doing it in the time lapse video next week.

Post Thanks / Like

Another great review as usual.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast