autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Products for Mold & Mildew removal

Hi gang..

I'm looking for product and procedure of removal mold and mildew from a 2011 Dodge Crew Cab with leather seating. The truck was fully submerged in a lake, taken to a auction house yard where it was completely sealed up not allowing it to dry out. The results of course was the growth of mold and mildew everywhere. The truck is going to be sold at auction "as is" but the auction house wants the truck cleaned up for photo purposes and presentation to the public viewing the truck in person. Obviously with the mold and mildew there is also odor, which I figure once fully cleaned, i'll just run an Ozone Generator in it for a period of time. But my big question is what products and procedure would be recommended for a clean up like this. Keep in mind it doesnt need to be 100% but I'd like to do the best I can so the auction company gains the most out of the sale. Thanks for any advice in advance...

Post Thanks / Like
    Rule 62: Don't take yourself to d*mn seriously
    Cincinnati, OH
    Shawn

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Products for Mold & Mildew removal

Whatever you do, please wear a mask and gloves. You don't want those mold spores having a party in your lungs.

Post Thanks / Like

Porsche Pilot: I wouldnt even dream of tackling this job without protection! The mold is not as bad as some of the other posts i've found on here but I still will be taking precautions.

shoeless89: Fantastic! Thanks for pointing those products out to me. I have the 3M Marine line for removing mildew and to prevent it from coming back, but I've only used it on mildew, not mold.

Thank you both for your input, I really appreciate it

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you have a local "Wynn's" guy in your area?
    If so they have a fogger machine called "airomatic II" and the chemical is "airco-clean"
    I did a mold remediation for an insurance company recently and I fogged the car 3 times, once before to kill, once after interior was removed and the third time after everything was cleaned and installed.
    I used Rid Odor pro to remove chemical smell and leave a nice leather scent.
    Be careful for possible liability issues if you don't remove mold or try to hide it. The dealer cant sell the car without full disclosure.
    Can you imagine if someone who had a heart transplant bought that car..........just imagine the liabilities!
    Robert DiTerlizzi, 772-260-6636
    Impressions Fine Automotive Detailing
    7656 SW Jack James Dr.Stuart, Fl.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Impressions View Post
    Do you have a local "Wynn's" guy in your area?
    If so they have a fogger machine called "airomatic II" and the chemical is "airco-clean"
    I did a mold remediation for an insurance company recently and I fogged the car 3 times, once before to kill, once after interior was removed and the third time after everything was cleaned and installed.
    I used Rid Odor pro to remove chemical smell and leave a nice leather scent.
    Be careful for possible liability issues if you don't remove mold or try to hide it. The dealer cant sell the car without full disclosure.
    Can you imagine if someone who had a heart transplant bought that car..........just imagine the liabilities!
    Solid information, thank you! I unfortunately don't have a Wynn's nearby. I will need to find out from the auction house if a full disclosure is going to be shared with potential buyers of this truck because I am 100% confident nothing will completely get rid of this mold without a total interior removal and installation of new. But as I mentioned, it's being sold "as is" and my customer just wants it to be "appear" nice and clean for photos and for potential buyers. If nothing else i'll have him sign paperwork stating i'm not to be held responsible for any liabilities that may come about...

Post Thanks / Like

You might want to consider this "full disclosure" issue. Myself, I have a problem doing anything for anyone if I know someone is hiding information. That's dishonesty, and I won't tolerate it at all. Business is business, but there's a fine line between business and taking advantage of someone. I myself don't like to be taken advantage of so I treat people the same.

I'm no pro, no ametuer, and I don't have a business, but I do have a name. I won't sacrifice my name for anyone, ever. Reputation and character is of utmost importance to me, in anything I do. Of course I point no fingers at anyone for what they do. I'm only responsible for me, no one else.

We know it's being sold as is, that's given. However, I still worry that the potential buyer may, in the slightest way, give reason to bad mouth you should the get word who actually did the work should anything happen.

Don't be afraid to take on the job, just know who's being honest and who's not, and know what, if any information will be disclosed to the potential buyer.
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Neccessary evil. Mandated by lienholder or insurance company. Cleanup is required to bring a higher selling price, not to fool unsuspecting buyers.

Whenver you see a tractor trailer load of wrecked and totaled vehicles (non compacted), you can be assured that a reconditioner is seeing dollar signs.

Reputable profesional reconditioners support entire communities throughout small town America. Just another facet of the automotive industry.
    VT
    Quote Originally Posted by glen e View Post
    ....It's all I use these days....they are buffing when I'm relaxing...and still don't get the powder out of canines!

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Xtreme View Post
    Hi gang..

I'm looking for product and procedure of removal mold and mildew from a 2011 Dodge Crew Cab with leather seating. The truck was fully submerged in a lake, taken to a auction house yard where it was completely sealed up not allowing it to dry out. The results of course was the growth of mold and mildew everywhere. The truck is going to be sold at auction "as is" but the auction house wants the truck cleaned up for photo purposes and presentation to the public viewing the truck in person. Obviously with the mold and mildew there is also odor, which I figure once fully cleaned, i'll just run an Ozone Generator in it for a period of time. But my big question is what products and procedure would be recommended for a clean up like this. Keep in mind it doesnt need to be 100% but I'd like to do the best I can so the auction company gains the most out of the sale. Thanks for any advice in advance...
    Hi Xtreme,

I am new to this forum and sorry for the late reply.

According to me ,

Try a mixture of bleach and warm water. Mix one cup of bleach for every gallon of warm water.[3] Grab a medium-bristled brush, dip it in the bleach solution, and attack the mold or mildew stain. Be sure to dry the surface off as much as possible, as moisture promotes mold and mildew growth.
    For harder-to-reach places, put the bleach solution in small spray bottle first. Apply the bleach solution directly to the mold or mildew by spraying. Then attack with the brush as normal.

This solution is best used mold or mildew present in bathrooms, kitchens, and other household rooms with tiles or non-porous surfaces.

Bleach is very effective at killing mold and mold spores. The active ingredient in bleach, sodium hypochlorite, is also the main ingredient in many mold-removal products.

I have used this method and it works for me.

You can also follow listed below resources to kill mold naturally:

How to kill mildew naturally | MNN - Mother Nature Network
    Mold Inpection, Mold Inspector | Andersen Environmental
    https://www.cleanipedia.com/gb/house...dew-from-walls

Hope so it works for you...

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think any amount of money is worth messing around with that and with the liability disclosure thing.They probably gonna pay you 500 to 700 depending how much profit is in the car.Even at 3k I wouldn't mess with that,leave it and walk away.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast