autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Klasse and Mothers Wax

I am new to forums.

Been using Klasse on auto paint for a few years. Just applied to a new Tundra. No paint correction. Left on a little to long and applied a little to heavy. Went back and waxed with Mother’s Carnauba.

wow what a shine. I guess called top coat.

the questions is what am I missing. I have no idea how long it will last but trying to decide about trying ceramic coatings vs this method.

I need to work on a fiberglass boat and trying to decide the Klasse vs Ceramic.

Any thoughts. Thank you in advance.

Mike Phillips

Re: Klasse and Mothers Wax

First welcome to the forum,

I remember approving your account via your forum nickname.

Mike Phillips

Here's an easy way to get into a ceramic coating for a boat or a car, check this thread out, I did this just last weekend.

Dr. Beasley's Z1 - Bass Pro Shops Nitro Z19 Bass Boat - Ceramic Coating Gelcoat

And read through this to bring yourself up to speed.

Now available - Dr. Beasley's Z1 Ceramic AIO Primer

Mike Phillips

Lots of new products being introduced THIS WEEK.

Normally we're all at SEMA where new products are introduced. The Covid-19 Pandemic cancelled SEMA so every company is doing some type of online video launch for their new products.

We'll be sharing on both our YouTube Channel and Facebook Page.

YouTube - You can interact LIVE via the comments section

Facebook - You can interact LIVE via the comments section

Mike Phillips

If you don't have any type of orbital polisher and you want to take your detailing skills and results to a higher level - then I'd suggest taking a look at making that your next investment.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    If you don't have any type of orbital polisher and you want to take your detailing skills and results to a higher level - then I'd suggest taking a look at making that your next investment.

I do have a porter cable orbital and want to purchase a Dewalt.

Do you think the Ceramic will last longer than my crazy combo. What about on fiberglass. Any other combos you really like.
    I liked my name. I not get a chance to keep cars or boats perfect. It’s more a once a year or twice deal.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by LazyWax View Post

I do have a porter cable orbital and want to purchase a Dewalt.
    With a Porter Cable DA polisher and solid Rotary Polisher you can tackle just about anything. Good two-punch combo.

Do you think the Ceramic will last longer than my crazy combo.
    Yes as it's pretty much common knowledge that most reputable brands for coatings simply outlast waxes and sealants.

What about on fiberglass. Any other combos you really like.
    I already included a link above to a combo I just did and liked. As time goes by I'll be able to report how long the coating is lasting on the boat.

Beside the above - I'll let others chime in with their favorite approach to boats. In my boat classes I teach,

1. Sanding with orbital polishers
    2. Compound with rotary polishers
    3. Polishing with gear-driven orbitals
    4. Chemically stripping
    5. Coating

I'll take a wild guess but I'm actually pretty confident there is on one on Planet Earth that has taught more full-on boat detailing classes AND photo-documented them.

Boat Detailing Training - Before & After Pictures - The MOST DOCUMENTED HANDS-ON Boat Detailing Classes - Autogeek - Stuart, Florida

I liked my name. I not get a chance to keep cars or boats perfect. It’s more a once a year or twice deal.

Completely understand.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for your thoughts. If anyone else has a ceramic product they really like on fiberglass let me know. They seem to be improving every day.

one other question on Klasse. When it is not removed completely or kind of comes back to a hazy. I usually just wash and it removes the residual. Can I be lazy and apply Klasse and then just wash car a day later. Seems to be a faster way to still get a good sealant.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    With a Porter Cable DA polisher and solid Rotary Polisher you can tackle just about anything. Good two-punch combo.

Yes as it's pretty much common knowledge that most reputable brands for coatings simply outlast waxes and sealants.

I already included a link above to a combo I just did and liked. As time goes by I'll be able to report how long the coating is lasting on the boat.

Beside the above - I'll let others chime in with their favorite approach to boats. In my boat classes I teach,

1. Sanding with orbital polishers
    2. Compound with rotary polishers
    3. Polishing with gear-driven orbitals
    4. Chemically stripping
    5. Coating

I'll take a wild guess but I'm actually pretty confident there is on one on Planet Earth that has taught more full-on boat detailing classes AND photo-documented them.

Boat Detailing Training - Before & After Pictures - The MOST DOCUMENTED HANDS-ON Boat Detailing Classes - Autogeek - Stuart, Florida

Completely understand.

Mike Phillips

one other question on Klasse.

When it is not removed completely or kind of comes back to a hazy. I usually just wash and it removes the residual.

Can I be lazy and apply Klasse and then just wash car a day later. Seems to be a faster way to still get a good sealant.
    I used the Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze one time and didn't like. Just not for me. Never used it again. You never see any write-ups from me on this product.

If you're going to use Klasse - or any product for that matter - probably best to follow the directions.

Here's my only article on Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze

A tip for working with Klasse Sealant Glaze - READ This before using

Hope that helps...