autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Pad inquire

Post Thanks / Like

Pad inquire

Hi this laramie.

I was wondering what is the most effective pad to use with the p&s play maker all in one Polish & protectant.

Is this a good product or is there a better product i should be using.

I am currently using Malco's Rejuvinator ..

Btw im using a da polisher.

Thanks

Mike Phillips

Re: Pad inquire

Quote Originally Posted by laramie View Post

Hi this laramie.

I was wondering what is the most effective pad to use with the p&s play maker all in one Polish & protectant.

Here's my article on this topic,

Good rule of thumb when using an AIO - stick with foam polishing pads by Mike Phillips

You can also use foam CUTTING pads but do a TEST SPOT first. On softer paints a foam cutting pad will mar the hell out of the paint. That's why my article reads that using a POLISHING pad is a GOOD RULE OF THUMB.

Be careful for all the EXPERTS on Facebook as most of these guys type out ONE LINERS and tell you to use a foam cutting pad. They cannot type enough to go deep and explain the issue like I do in the above article. Thank God for FB Experts.

Is this a good product or is there a better product i should be using. I am currently using Malco's Rejuvinator .. Btw im using a da polisher. Thanks

I have not used either product so I cannot state if they are good or not. What makes any COMPOUND, POLISH or AIO (same thing as a cleaner/wax or cleaner/sealant), a GOOD product is if it uses GREAT abrasive technology. If a product uses crap for abrasive technology you will see micro-marring on dark colored paints when using an orbital polishers.

And keep in mind - if a product leaves micro-marring on dark colored paints, (a color of paint that your eyes can easily see micro-marring), it's also happening on LIGHT COLORED PAINTS but your eyes cannot see it.

This is why I always do ALL my testing for compounds, polishes and AIOs on black paint.

So do a TEST SPOT before using any brand of anything that uses abrasive technology.

Mike Phillips

Here's some more reference info....

I share this a lot.

Abrasive Technology - THE most important factor when it comes to polishing paint

Most guys think THEY are the most important factor. That's because they think TECHNIQUE is the most important factor and

Technique = Person

But as I explain and show in pictures in the above article, YOU are not touching the paint... the abrasives are what touch the paint first.

Pictures of Micro-Marring - DA Haze - Tick Marks - Compounds - Polishes - AIOs - Clearcoat Paints

I've been impressed with all the P&S products I've used so far so my guess is the quality of the product I have used carries over to all their products. I don't ever see any chatter about problems. I do see chatter about other products causing micro-marring and it's usually the same products.

Body Shop Left Buffer Marks

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for help … Laramie

Mike Phillips

thanks for help … Laramie

No problemo...

This forum and my work on it are just an extension of Autogeek's normal Customer Care.

Good luck with the P&S Playmaker.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.