autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Blackfire One Step sealer formulation vs Blackfire Sealant sealer formulation

Last year I bought a bottle of Blackfire One Step based on Mike's hands on review and recommendation. My bottle is used up now and I had consistently great results each time I used it. My truck is a high mileage daily driver that I've kept up and it looks great. But now I want to step up my self-training and add another layer of sealer, but without the polish action of One Step, since the polish results is already good enough for me. My thinking is that IF the sealant portion of the One Step is the same formulatory of the sealant contained in the Blackfire dedicated Paint Sealer, then I would be adding an identical sealant forumlation to the existing layer left over from the One Step.

Do you think that is a safe assumption, or better, is that a known fact that the sealer chemistry in both products are the same ? I would like to add another coat of sealant W/O any polishing action which One Step already accomplished beautifully.

I love One Step, but I'd rather not change brands for a dedicated sealer if Blackfire One Step and Blackfire Paint Sealant contain the same sealant chemistry. I can't imagine why they would differ, but I feel I shoud ask anyway since most of you guys have orders of magnitude more experience in most phases of detailing. If a second sealant layer job goes well, I'd like to try my hand with a third coat using a real wax to bring out whatever limited depth I might be able to fake out with Ford Oxford White paint.

So what do you guys think ?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Question Blackfire One Step sealer formulation vs Blackfire Sealant sealer formulation

Here’s the short version..... An AIO such a BF one step has to clean, polish AND protect. It is designed to do 3 task and not just one. So basically there are some compromises. Altho BF One step is an amazing product it may fall a hair short on durability. Adding BF sealant on top will certainly help durability as you would be adding a more concentrated version of the sealant(compared to the AIO). This also plays well together since it has synergy or is basically the same sealant. So I say go for it.

I use BF AIO a lot and love the stuff. I prefer to use the BF Midnight Sun paste wax on top of the AIO. Again they are synergistic so they play well together and the look from the Nuba on top of the AIO is amazing.

Hope this helps a bit!
    Jim

3. Likes brianc636, JustJesus liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Question Blackfire One Step sealer formulation vs Blackfire Sealant sealer formulation

If you're going to be polishing the paint surface first with the Blackfire One Step, I would layer it with the new Blackfire BlackICE Hybrid Liquid Wax. It's an awesome combo!

BLACKFIRE BlackICE Hybrid Liquid Wax

Post Thanks / Like

And being a liquid, Hybrid Liquid Wax is quite easy to apply by machine

I've tried it on one car, so far. Liking it