autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How to Ceramic Coat

Hi The Guz

Thanks for the advise of Autofiber microfiber coating saver applicators. I found it here. Automotive Ceramic Coating Products | Autofiber Canada

But here in our country the Philippines it seems a bit hard to buy them. I looked for them in our local online shops and could not find any of those.

But it seems they are handy cause it says it will save and lessen the excess use of the ceramic.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boggsy View Post
    Hi The Guz

Thanks for the advise of Autofiber microfiber coating saver applicators. I found it here. Automotive Ceramic Coating Products | Autofiber Canada

But here in our country the Philippines it seems a bit hard to buy them. I looked for them in our local online shops and could not find any of those.

But it seems they are handy cause it says it will save and lessen the excess use of the ceramic.
    I apologize, as I was not aware that you live in the Philippines. That I've probably suggested products that are not at all easy for you to acquire for a number of reasons.

One can add their location to their member profile if they should so desire.

3. Likes boggsy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If you can easier get hold of Carpro and Gyeon products in the Philippines. Their mf pocket applicators might work good with the coating you are going to be useing. I see that AGO don't have these applicators to buy on it's own but useally you can get them as that. They are maybe not exactly like the coating saver applicator but quite simualar I think. Hope Guz or anyone else can chaim in if my is correct. Cause of what I have heard the mrFix 9h coating is a little thicker in consistency so the mf nap kind of applicator might suit it greater than the suede kind of applicator does.

Remember that the mrFix 9h coating is not so good of quality like the consumer coatings you find on something like AGO. Both the durability and performance from it from what I have heard about is not so good. If you take a look at the Forensic Detailing Channel on Youtube he did a video about this coating. And if I remember correctly it's behavior when you apply it is not like the consumer coatings. In the sense of you see when you have spread the coating on the paint you wait for it to flash. This looks like the rainbow effect or the look from oil in water. Then this is the topical residue left. So you level it out so you take the advantage of the rest of the coating on there and this is so little and thin that it's ready to be wiping off the left residue directly after the first leveling/wipe off. And the second wipe off you want to get it wiped off thoroughly.

When you do the both first and second wipe off. If it's leaves more behind as you go in like smears or streaking. This means you have the mf towel saturated with product and needs to have a new fresh side to pick up the residue with. Different coatings leaves different amounts of residue left from the application. So it's a good thing to have a couple of more leveling/wipe off towels than it's useally is recommended to have. Or you can have a not so great of experience when you come to the last sections you are coating.

So have in mind that if you are not so satisfied with the results down the road with the mrFix 9h coating. There are much better performance consumer coatings out there like the brands AGO is offering. Then it's seems to be varies from coating to coating from the mrFix 9h coating in how it works. There suposed to be an upgrade of this coating that seems to be haveing a little higher performance from it than the mrFix. But still it's a big step up to CQUK 3.0 and Gyeon Pure for an examples.

Hope you get a good experience with it.

/ Tony

5. Likes boggsy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi The Guz

Be careful when posting links to products not sold through autogeek. Unfortunately you will not find them available outside of the states.

The regular blue microfiber applicators work pretty well. They will absorb more product than the coating saver applicators but nothing to be too concerned about. Easier to handle than the suede block and applicator.

For example

7. Likes boggsy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD51 View Post
    I apologize, as I was not aware that you live in the Philippines. That I've probably suggested products that are not at all easy for you to acquire for a number of reasons.

One can add their location to their member profile if they should so desire.
    Hi MarkD51

I will update my profile. This is one of the best microfibers here. Will this suffice?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How to Ceramic Coat-69905440_2717465761597179_7692883032453152768_ngrae-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    If you can easier get hold of Carpro and Gyeon products in the Philippines. Their mf pocket applicators might work good with the coating you are going to be useing. I see that AGO don't have these applicators to buy on it's own but useally you can get them as that. They are maybe not exactly like the coating saver applicator but quite simualar I think. Hope Guz or anyone else can chaim in if my is correct. Cause of what I have heard the mrFix 9h coating is a little thicker in consistency so the mf nap kind of applicator might suit it greater than the suede kind of applicator does.

Remember that the mrFix 9h coating is not so good of quality like the consumer coatings you find on something like AGO. Both the durability and performance from it from what I have heard about is not so good. If you take a look at the Forensic Detailing Channel on Youtube he did a video about this coating. And if I remember correctly it's behavior when you apply it is not like the consumer coatings. In the sense of you see when you have spread the coating on the paint you wait for it to flash. This looks like the rainbow effect or the look from oil in water. Then this is the topical residue left. So you level it out so you take the advantage of the rest of the coating on there and this is so little and thin that it's ready to be wiping off the left residue directly after the first leveling/wipe off. And the second wipe off you want to get it wiped off thoroughly.

When you do the both first and second wipe off. If it's leaves more behind as you go in like smears or streaking. This means you have the mf towel saturated with product and needs to have a new fresh side to pick up the residue with. Different coatings leaves different amounts of residue left from the application. So it's a good thing to have a couple of more leveling/wipe off towels than it's useally is recommended to have. Or you can have a not so great of experience when you come to the last sections you are coating.

So have in mind that if you are not so satisfied with the results down the road with the mrFix 9h coating. There are much better performance consumer coatings out there like the brands AGO is offering. Then it's seems to be varies from coating to coating from the mrFix 9h coating in how it works. There suposed to be an upgrade of this coating that seems to be haveing a little higher performance from it than the mrFix. But still it's a big step up to CQUK 3.0 and Gyeon Pure for an examples.

Hope you get a good experience with it.

/ Tony
    Hi SWETM

Thanks for the update on the Mr. Fix 9h. I watched Forensic Detailing Channel on youtube------- hahaha and the first entry was its dirt cheap. I have to admit it is cheap thats why i was interested and bought it.

Now after watching the video and reading all the reviews, It seems that Mr. Fix 9h does not dry as fast and is supposed to be diluted with water or something based on the video and no one knows how long will it last. But the funny part there are few comments on the videos which they say Mr. Fix 9h works for them.

Carpro Cquartz UK Kit is $120 here in our place. Mr fix 9h is for 3 pieces 30ml is $14. But I already ordered the Mr Fix 9H. What would you guys do if you were in my place and are on a budget but want to put a protective ceramic coating on your car

Post Thanks / Like

I think those Applicators you link to might be OK. Only one way to tell.

Since this Coating you propose to use is fairly inexpensive, but with unknown end results, maybe try it on something else other than your pride and joy main vehicle? At least maybe a small area on something not that important?

Then you can see what results you may achieve without later finding the product was not good.

While Coatings have some advantages versus more regular protectants such as sealants and waxes, some here still haven't hopped on board the Coating Wagon, and personally prefer not to use them.

There's nothing wrong with a good durable wax or sealant. If a paint is well maintained, and a protectant is applied when periodically needed, a paint finish can hold up very well for many long years.

Not sure again what is available in the Philippines, but I'm sure one can find some pretty good waxes and sealants that will protect, and also be easier to use.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD51 View Post
    I think those Applicators you link to might be OK. Only one way to tell.

Since this Coating you propose to use is fairly inexpensive, but with unknown end results, maybe try it on something else other than your pride and joy main vehicle? At least maybe a small area on something not that important?

Then you can see what results you may achieve without later finding the product was not good.

While Coatings have some advantages versus more regular protectants such as sealants and waxes, some here still haven't hopped on board the Coating Wagon, and personally prefer not to use them.

There's nothing wrong with a good durable wax or sealant. If a paint is well maintained, and a protectant is applied when periodically needed, a paint finish can hold up very well for many long years.

Not sure again what is available in the Philippines, but I'm sure one can find some pretty good waxes and sealants that will protect, and also be easier to use.

Hi MarkD51,

I guess I might as well put the 9H on our house glass windows in the future.

I will definitely hop on the coating wagon and will apply it myself. I dont want to wax my car every once a week :-D

Post Thanks / Like

Hi guys,

I have been so busy, But i was able to detail my suv, polished the paint and removed the little scratches and i failed a bit on the 1/3 70% isopropyl alcohol and the rest distilled water. It did not remove all the previous oils. so it had a bad effect. Another lesson learned.

But can i kindly ask, there is this new product from mothers called Mothers CMX. What do you guys think about that? has any of you tried it. they say its a game changer. easy to apply. thanks

Mike Phillips

Hi guys,

I have been so busy, But i was able to detail my suv, polished the paint and removed the little scratches and i failed a bit on the 1/3 70% isopropyl alcohol and the rest distilled water. It did not remove all the previous oils. so it had a bad effect. Another lesson learned.
    I've never like store-bought Isopropyl Alcohol mixed with water to chemically strip paint. We used to have a forum bully, (I have another name for them), that always recommend this method to strip paint BUT never shared anything specific about how to dilute or use, that's because they were an "Expert".

So much better to get a purpose-made product or if nothing else, use Mineral Spirits.

But can i kindly ask, there is this new product from mothers called Mothers CMX. What do you guys think about that? has any of you tried it. they say its a game changer. easy to apply. thanks

I've never used it myself but I think everything I've read from other's experiences is positive.

One thing I'd recommend when it comes to taking care of your car,

Find a way to do it that is easy and simple and YOU will repeat. If the process is to time-consuming or difficult you simply won't do it. You will be MUCH better off finding a simple process.

For example, a good car wash, some drying towels and the Mothers CMX. BOOM --> your done.

Don't turn something that should be very simple into Rocket Science.

I use a cleaner/wax on my own daily driver. I keep it simple.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast