autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Want to be sure

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Want to be sure

You can easily and better apply wax with your polisher. Using your polisher will let you apply a more even (thin) coat. Use the softest pad, usually white or black. You can use your finger to apply the wax onto your pad. You will be surprised how far you can apply wax using a polisher, a little goes a long way.

The Mothers Carnauba Wax is excellent, buy the BF Midnight Sun anyway. It never hurts to have choices!

2. Likes oneheadlite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    You can easily and better apply wax with your polisher. Using your polisher will let you apply a more even (thin) coat. Use the softest pad, usually white or black. You can use your finger to apply the wax onto your pad. You will be surprised how far you can apply wax using a polisher, a little goes a long way.

The Mothers Carnauba Wax is excellent, buy the BF Midnight Sun anyway. It never hurts to have choices!
    ^^^This^^^
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Hello,
    Quick question, can I use blackfire "one step" then go to blackfire paint sealant then finish off with the blackfire midnight sun ( of course those steps are after I foam cannon wash , clay bar then paint prep ) Oh my aching back !
    Thank you again,
    Rich

Post Thanks / Like

You certainly can but I'm not too sure of the final step getting you any more gloss or shine. I am a huge fan of topping an AIO with it's same family sealant for extended durability. If it were me I would maybe wait a week or two (maybe a month even) and then top it all with wax.

Having said that, I might be way off on the BF system and will defer to those who know better.

Post Thanks / Like

Vette Ski - where are you in Jersey? Would be willing to help you out with process/products if not too far

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Paul A. View Post
    You certainly can but I'm not too sure of the final step getting you any more gloss or shine. I am a huge fan of topping an AIO with it's same family sealant for extended durability. If it were me I would maybe wait a week or two (maybe a month even) and then top it all with wax.

Having said that, I might be way off on the BF system and will defer to those who know better.
    Paul,
    Thanks for that. I just thought that while it was clean it would be the time to help protect with wax, why wait that period of time ?. I don't know $hit from shinola about today's products and procedures. You folks are WAY above my level of experience.
    I DO appreciate all help on this topic!!
    Rich

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by briarpatch View Post
    Vette Ski - where are you in Jersey? Would be willing to help you out with process/products if not too far
    On a farm in Howell 07731 Thank you for that, but that is way TOO kind and generous.
    Rich

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry Paul, I mistakenly wrote white when I meant yellow !! Just read the post again. >

Rich

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.