autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: I don’t get this?

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    My problem is they seem to be in the majority and their chatter hides the good information and meaningful conversation to the point it isn't worth my limited time.

The trolling that causes me to loose patience are those who spout off information which is patently false, become personally offended and then personally attack those who prove them wrong with factual information. I have no patience for anyone not able to hold a mature discussion on a topic, unwilling to learn from others, and mature enough to admit they are wrong...or at least respectfully disagree. Meaningful discourse is a lost art, and almost extinct on social media.
    Can't disagree with you that interactions on social media can be pretty uncivil. I simply ignore comments that make no sense or lack respect. But this is not limited to facebook. Every public forums, except this one, has this kind of stuff. I have been on public forums since the 80s, way before the internet and even back them, without a moderator things would go bad very quickly. With that said, I still love to be able to talk to countless people easily.

Post Thanks / Like

Facebook groups and pages are just like that. I'll make the same post on the AG FB page as I do here and the quality of answers is a whole new level on here compared to Facebook. Now there's some good information to be had but you need to mine for it.

It seems to plague FB groups as a whole. In my aviation groups, I asked for technical data for my plane (specifically the engine out glide speed as it was not published in 1956) and if it wasn't available, how would I test to find it? The majority of answers were short and gave me a 10 mph range of speeds (mind you this can have a significant impact on how far you can travel if the engine quits if too fast or too slow). Only a few answers were helpful and I had to dig through them.

Another problem is, after a few hours, a post is pushed down and no longer in the immediate viewing window so the rate of answers severely drops off.

Forums are a MUCH better place to be for sharing knowledge.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Autogeekonline mobile app

3. Likes Calendyr, Aaryn NZ liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just for fun I joined the AG Facebook page the other day just to see if anything had changed. I promptly left he group the next day. That page is in desperate need of actual mods and admins.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RZJZA80 View Post
    Just for fun I joined the AG Facebook page the other day just to see if anything had changed. I promptly left he group the next day. That page is in desperate need of actual mods and admins.
    Facebook pages and well, Facebook as a whole is becoming a cesspool to be honest.

Sent from my Razer Phone using Tapatalk

6. Thanks PaulMys thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ScottMac27 View Post
    Facebook pages and well, Facebook as a whole is becoming a cesspool to be honest.

Sent from my Razer Phone using Tapatalk
    Depends where you go. I am in a few groups that are just as good as this forum in terms of civility. On the other hand, when you get into the comment sections of news sites.... that's the wild west with morons on soap boxes everywhere LOL

8. Likes AaronE liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Calendyr View Post
    Depends where you go. I am in a few groups that are just as good as this forum in terms of civility. On the other hand, when you get into the comment sections of news sites.... that's the wild west with morons on soap boxes everywhere LOL
    Agreed, but those groups and pages seem to be becoming more and more rare

Sent from my Phone using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

FB pages are only as good as the admins and mods. If they enforce the rules, everything is fine. If they just don't care, you get the AG FB page.

11. Likes ScottMac27 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by UncleDavy View Post
    Unfortunately the Facebook page is full of belligerent yahoos that just like to post nonsense to upset the original poster.
    I can't wait to see that episode.
    That's the 99.9% of everything on the internet

13. Likes oneheadlite liked this post
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.