autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Best Car Wash Foam

Hi my intentions are to use the Kwazar Venus Pro+ Super Foamer 2 Litre with a car wash foam.
    I would like to use coin car wash- High Pressure Rinse > Car Wash Foam > High Pressure Rinse.
    If still a bit dirty use a Waterless Wash and Wax
    The first High Pressure Rinse is to get the dust and as much dirt off as possible.

I will have LSP on, either Meguiars Ultimate Fast Finish or Wolfgang 3.0.

Thanks in advance

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best Car Wash Foam

Hi does anyone use foam.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Gyeon Foam and gtechnic w4 citrus foam is good ones.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your reply, you still have to wash car with Mitt etc.?

Thanks again

Post Thanks / Like

Have you ever used the Kwazar foamer? Mine would kill me if i had to pump it up to spray an entire car. I don't think I can spray more than one wheel without repumping it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ducksfan View Post
    Have you ever used the Kwazar foamer? Mine would kill me if i had to pump it up to spray an entire car. I don't think I can spray more than one wheel without repumping it.
    The foamer is that bad? I have the Red Kwazar and it does very good. I can easily spray the entire side of my Cadillac till it’s dripping wet without having to stop.

@OP. You’re still going to have to wash with a mitt. No foam will completely wash the dirt off on its own.

Post Thanks / Like

To get it completly clean you will have to touch the paint with wash mitts and car soap. But at a coin op you will have the dirt and grime loosen up to get it cleaner than not use a prewash foam. If you want more cleaning ability I would look into a degreaser like 3d orange degreaser or another citrus based degreaser. Then you have the tar remover that does solves the road grime the best in my experience and after rinsed off the prewash foam to neutralice it. I would not still dry the paint with touching it. That I feel a touching wash is still needed before. In the summer months you would get pretty great results with a prewash foam only and drive the car dry. In the winter months if dealing with road salt a tar remover is used. But say every month you would want to do a touching wash. The downside is that you will contaminants easier build up. So a great long lasting lsp that are chemical resistant is to prefer. It's a easy way to maintain a DD this way. But if you where to maintain it as spotless as possible it's not a great choice. You can be doing a rinseless wash or a waterless wash after the coin op to get great results with not that much time added.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    The foamer is that bad? I have the Red Kwazar and it does very good. I can easily spray the entire side of my Cadillac till it’s dripping wet without having to stop.

@OP. You’re still going to have to wash with a mitt. No foam will completely wash the dirt off on its own.
    I would hesitate to call it bad. But it does need to be pumped a lot to stay pressurized. I'm not sure why. Either it uses some of the interior pressurized air to create the foam or the foaming process uses a lot of product (It does seem to go through a lot of product).

I can pump it up and start spraying the hood of a normal sized car. Unless I start pumping while I spray (about half way though?), it will not cover the hood with foam.

I have modified it with a bicycle rim valve stem. Saves on pumping. But you need an air hose with you and you have to be careful to not over inflate (I broke a Solo or Tolco pump sprayer with too much pressure - not a kwazer).

I generally only use the thing for wheels and to foam the lower areas on a car (traffic film - I have a mix of Total Auto Wash and MegsAPC+ in it). I would think it would also work well for engines and wheel wells. But I haven't used it there yet.

9. Thanks Eldorado2k thanked for this post