autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What "wax" / sealer or coating for extreme hot environments?

I've always loved the performance of FK1000 here in SoCal. Less heat than AZ, but still hot and dry most of the year. Right now I'm playing around with can coat. Really liking it so far. Topping with cure on some panels and overcoat on others to test. No complaints. Guz said 6-9 months longevity, and I expect it will be on the high end of that in dry climate.

2. Likes The Guz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I will give you a little temp forecasting as your 100+ is a little conservative. For 4-5 Months it is the Valley Of The Sun. The rest is the Surface Of The Sun. More than likely late April will be in the 100's and it only goes up from there. There will be a few days flirting around 120. The Monsoons hit somewhere around July ish with maybe some rain after the dust storms. It will not cool down until somewhere near thanksgiving which means high 90's and low 100's. The temperature of the dirt under your feet will be somewhere around 145. We will not speak of asphalt and concrete temps. If you go outside have something on your feet, do not leave anything in the sun that you plan to pickup before night time. I have gone to work at 3:00am with the air conditioner on as the overnight temps are around 95. Welcome to Arizona. I can tell you it does not really matter what you use short of heat tiles from the space shuttle that will live here so just pick something and use it often. I did try the fk thing with no spectacular results which is why I stated use whatever often. I have not used any coatings and if you do it had better be very good with plenty of UVA and UVB inhibitors that last a good amount of time.

Dave

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

This AM curiosity got the best of me and I tried putting some CG V7 onto the hood on top of the Blacklight and Collinite.This turned out to be a bad choice becuase the V7 streaked and smeared something terrible and it took me a 1/2 hour to wipe off all the haze type "ghost" streaks that it left on the black.

Does anyone know if a ceramic coating would hold up better with the heat? I am not lazy, it is just that I really like not having to work on weekends to keep my vehicles nice. I understand that it will be easier to keep clean if I keep up on it !

Post Thanks / Like

For UV protection, Optimum Car Wax is hard to beat. It's so easy to apply as well that you'll never be without time to do so. God I love that stuff. I buy it by the gallon because I use it on so much.

Mike Phillips

Here's an example of a Spammer that was able to get through our spam filter process.

Quote Originally Posted by uniemaia View Post

sub'd to this thread

Edit: Hidden .png image file removed - MP

Before removing the hidden .png image file I took screenshots...

There first post looks harmless enough...

But when you look at the code behind their post, you can see the invisible .png image file.

I gave him a new membership account name.

7. Thanks Coleroad, Frank70 thanked for this post
    Likes Coleroad liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice! It's nice to know guys here are on that spam crap.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12