autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Winter wheel cleaning without a hose

This....

I've done this a few times and really works well.

YouTube

Tom
    Mr Tommy's
    Wash, Buff, Wax

Post Thanks / Like

Opticlean is good at maintaining wheels as a waterless wash. Won't get tires prefect but will improve their look.

Post Thanks / Like

I sure would love to see how dirty all these wheels you guys are talking about are... All the vehicles here at home could be maintained with a waterless wash and microfiber towels if I needed to. I’d like to see how dirty you’re talking about.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    I sure would love to see how dirty all these wheels you guys are talking about are... All the vehicles here at home could be maintained with a waterless wash and microfiber towels if I needed to. I’d like to see how dirty you’re talking about.
    I can't speak for the others, but this time of year the wheels and tires on our cars get really filthy. Brake dust is only a very small part of the problem. My wheels get caked on layers of salt, road grime, mud/cement spatters from wet pot holes, and run off from when the fields and landscaping flood onto the roads. Right now all the rain is dissolving the salt on the roads from earlier snow storms and it sprays EVERYWHERE. All of that crud becomes a hard, gray, gritty, crust that forms on the wheels. I don't even try to remove it without a power washer or a good soak with a hose first. A waterless wash wouldn't be effective and a royal pain to attempt, IMHO.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    I can't speak for the others, but this time of year the wheels and tires on our cars get really filthy. Brake dust is only a very small part of the problem. My wheels get caked on layers of salt, road grime, mud/cement spatters from wet pot holes, and run off from when the fields and landscaping flood onto the roads. Right now all the rain is dissolving the salt on the roads from earlier snow storms and it sprays EVERYWHERE. All of that crud becomes a hard, gray, gritty, crust that forms on the wheels. I don't even try to remove it without a power washer or a good soak with a hose first. A waterless wash wouldn't be effective and a royal pain to attempt, IMHO.
    Have you seen OrangeVee aka Pan the Orginizer’s latest video? His gf’s vehicle hadn’t been touched since November and has gone through “harsh Canadian winter” and it looked nearly flawless before he did a rinseless with plain old ONR. Explain that 1. Lol.

6. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Because Pan worked with Yvan and has all the secret ONR tricks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    I agree totally!! I might attempt a waterless or rinseless AFTER the wheels have been pressure washed, but not before so at that point it seems a little futile to not just use a bucket and give them a full wash.

Post Thanks / Like

Have you seen OrangeVee aka Pan the Orginizer’s latest video? His gf’s vehicle hadn’t been touched since November and has gone through “harsh Canadian winter” and it looked nearly flawless before he did a rinseless with plain old ONR. Explain that 1. Lol.
    The latest one I can find on his youtube page is from a week ago--a white Mazda. If that's the one you are talking about it is almost clean even before he started. I think what Desertnate is talking about up here in the Northeast is a black car that after a couple of weeks looks white from all the road salt deposits.

Post Thanks / Like

That is an easy one to answer. We all know that Canada is a friendly country filled with very polite, easy going, people. The same must be true for their winter road conditions. The grime doesn't want to impose on the wheels and politely flings off as the car goes down the road. Meanwhile, where I live, it's typical midwestern US: harsh, cynical, stubborn and gritty with just a touch of, "Screw you!"

11. Likes oneheadlite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ski2 View Post
    The latest one I can find on his youtube page is from a week ago--a white Mazda. If that's the one you are talking about it is almost clean even before he started. I think what Desertnate is talking about up here in the Northeast is a black car that after a couple of weeks looks white from all the road salt deposits.
    We get plenty of that too in the depths of winter, but right now we've had some snow and ice a few weeks ago followed by days of mist topped off with torrential rain and localized flooding. All of that leaves a nasty brownish-gray, gritty mess on the roads that will be around for a few more rains. The stuff gets sprayed all over your car and when it dries it leaves the surface feeling like fine grain sandpaper. Wheels and lower body panels get the worst of it.

Whether it's the salt crust you mention, or the Spring-time swill we're dealing with now, it's still tough to remove and beyond what I'd even think of attacking with a waterless wash alone.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast