autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Porter Cable 7424 XP

Hello, I have a question so I bought the Porter Cable 7424 XP Wolfgang kit. Read the book went thru the videos and my car looks like so bad . I wet sanded with 1500 then 2000 . My car was painted 2 months ago .I used the Wolfgang Uber Compound with Blue Pad . It seemed to remove a lot of the scratches and swirls and then went with the finishing glaze with red pad . It seems like there's scratches everywhere now and looks like the surface is greasey with a ton of scratches showing now . I'm not sure what I did but hope I can correct it . Any advice would be great , I have some coming to look at Tuesday at 11:00

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Porter Cable 7424 XP

Assuming this is the kit you got, I'd recommend doing a test spot with the orange pad and the Finishing Glaze. The red pad has no cut, I use them for spreading wax (and couldn't be happier with them).

Also, some photos would really help figure out what's going on.
    "All persons living or dead, are purely coincidental."
    - Kurt Vonnegut

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks I try it tonight

Post Thanks / Like

I doubt that combination is aggressive enough to effectively remove the initial sanding marks.

Especially if you did them by hand. Tracers or other deeper damage may have been instilled, which is going to be VERY difficult for a PC to remove - even though I've done it.

I sounds like you may not have completely removed the damage prior to finishing, or are damaging the paint when you wipe the residue off.

Maybe do another test spot with slower arm speed, and good pressure during the first two passes. You also want to have enough abrasives rolling around between the pad and paint, cutting away at the surface. The more damage I have to deal with, the more abrasives I like on my pad.

Keep on mind that those Lake Country Hydrotech pads don't need as much. You want "enough" product on the pad though. Probably three or four dots.

Post Thanks / Like

I think you need to polish then glaze then LSP After you compound you need to use a polish to get rid of the small fine scratches caused by the compound. Then you can glaze and LSP. That being said once you finish polishing you can put on LSP
    CJ
    2013 Mustang GT w/Track Pack 6-Speed Manual
    Save the Manual!

Post Thanks / Like

I use the PC, and I love it. However, I never need to do much correcting at all.

The PC is the low guy on the totem pole of power, and I think you may be asking a little too much from it.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

A rotary and wool pad would be my choice to remove the sanding marks. After that the Uber Compound on the right pad may finish it out. Or it you want to refine it further use the finishing glaze on a polishing pad. As mentioned you'll get better feedback after posting pictures. If your dealing with what I think you are you'll be able to do it with the PC, I would probably try a microfiber cutting pad and a heavy cut compound.
    2015 F-150 Crew Cab Lariat
    2016 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS