autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Rinesless wash in garage ... how to get the tires clean??

Ok so I thought I would try the rinseless wash again. I have only really done it on the paint. Which actually comes out pretty good.

Tonight I wondered if I could do the whole car in the garage without soaking the floor and get the tires clean.

So I did the whole car got that looking good. Then I used APC and sprayed the tires and the rims. I let that sit for about a minute. Using a stiff brush I scrubbed the tires and saw the foam turn brown and thought it was working pretty good. Clean the rim like usual with the brushes and all. I pretty much used the wheel brush to grab clean water and go over the tire and rims.

I dryed the tire and the rims with a towel. I thought it was going to come out looking real good.

well ... when the tire dried it went back to looking brown and not black like I had hoped.

How do you all do a rinseless wash with tires and actually get them clean? I didnt use Super Degreaser because I was a little worried I couldnt rinse it off well enough.

Thats my second question... how do you make sure that you rinse it off well enough from the tires and rims when doing a rinseless wash on a floor that you dont want to flood?

also when doing a rinseless wash does anyone tackle in inner wheel? and if so .. really how to do you rinse that out??

I know that there is a mobile detail shop around here that only does the rinseless wash and they have no access to water or pressure washer.. they take like 2 or three buckets prepared with ONR and water. So somehow they get it done and I am just not sure what the right way is with this.

I always see people doing it on the car .. but I never see anyone doing on the tires and rims with a rinseless wash.

Thanks for the help!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rinesless wash in garage ... how to get the tires clean??

Black fire All in one tire and trim or Mothers back to black tire renew. Both were designed with waterless and rinseless in mind. The blackfire cleans and dresses and Mothers just cleans, choose your own dressing or tire coating. Either option requires no rinse. Or water or anything.

For inner wheel wells I use CG Bare Bones
    Back to the full-time grind.

Post Thanks / Like

I've used Meguiar's M40, but sometimes it's not strong enough.

Mike Phillips

Post Thanks / Like

I personally use EcoTouch wheel cleaner on my wheels and tires when doing rinseless or waterless. WORKS GREAT.
    "Dirt likes detergent so much better than the surface that it's attached to, it'll leave that surface to go hang out with the soap"...aim4squirrels

Post Thanks / Like

I use Mothers Back to Black Tire Renew. For light cleaning and dressing, I use Poorboys Bold n Bright. I found the Blackfire less consistent looking on some tires.
    Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cleanmycorolla View Post
    Black fire All in one tire and trim or Mothers back to black tire renew. Both were designed with waterless and rinseless in mind. The blackfire cleans and dresses and Mothers just cleans, choose your own dressing or tire coating. Either option requires no rinse. Or water or anything.

For inner wheel wells I use CG Bare Bones
    I`ll have to check those out .. but would like to try and stick with the stuff I can buy in gallons and dilute it down.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    I have no idea how I missed that. I do have a question. Do you find that the tires dry to be black just using the rinseless wash like that to clean the tire? I used APC and scrubbed till I saw the suds were brown... then I used a wheel brush and went over it with the rinseless wash trying to rinse it off.. and it dried brown again with the smear marks and all.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    I use Mothers Back to Black Tire Renew. For light cleaning and dressing, I use Poorboys Bold n Bright. I found the Blackfire less consistent looking on some tires.

I will have to look into those as well and see how well they work. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

There is no way to get dirty brown tires cleaned with a few brush strokes of rinseless wash. That only works for coated tires. You need a stronger product for deep cleaning.

Since I only perform rinseless washes to my vehicles, I've been using Mothers Back to Black Tire Renew. Its a spray on wipe off formula. For the most part it works decent and leaves the tires looking rejuvenated. Since there aren't really other products that are similar its my only go-to for tires at the moment.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast