autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Menzerna 3800 vs Pinnacle Paintwork Cleansing Lotion vs Pinnacle Black Label Surface Cleansing Polish

Hi,

I have a new black car, and I am going to do Black Label Diamond sealant followed by Souveran wax. How does Menzerna 3800 vs Pinnacle Cleansing Lotion vs Black Label Cleansing Polish compare?

I heard that Menzerna gives the most amazing gloss, but do I need the Pinnacle lotion or Black Label Polish if I use Menzerna?

Thank you!

Henry

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Menzerna 3800 vs Pinnacle Paintwork Cleansing Lotion vs Pinnacle Black Label Surface Cleansing Polish

Hi Henry,

Are you going through a full new vehicle prep and then applying the LSP or have already done so and wanting to add PBL to a surface already in great shape?

Please provide feedback

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Menzerna 3800 vs Pinnacle Paintwork Cleansing Lotion vs Pinnacle Black Label Surface Cleansing Polish

Hi Mike,

It's a brand new car, untouched by dealer. About to wash it for first time, ironx it, clay it, polish, seal, wax it.

I know to apply PBL sealant, I need to clean the surface, so I have the cleansing polish. But I noticed Pinnacle Cleansing Lotion and Menzerna 3800 remove imperfections (which I will certainly have after claying).

I'm open to guidance and change of direction completely. Just my research led me to wonder on if I need Menzerna, Pinnacle Lotion, and PBL Cleansing, and if so in what order?

Also, want to know how to proceed after vehicle isn't brand new down the line.

Thank you!

Post Thanks / Like

Henry,

Being that it is a new car and in need of a new car prep you won't need the PBL cleansing lotion. You will be effectively polishing the surface as well as cleaning it during the polishing step. After this you can apply the PBL Sealant.

The cleansing lotion is used when the surface is in great shape and you need to remove a previous LSP before application of a new sealant.

Wash, Iron-X, Clay, Polish, & seal with PBL.

Post Thanks / Like

Go with the flow. Plenty of great articles to get you off on the right foot.
    Auto Detailing Facts, auto detailing Tips, How to detailing Guides, how to polish, how to wax, DIY detailing, do it yourself guides

More How to Articles located in the How to subsection of the forum.
    How to Articles

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for all the advice! How is Manzerna 3800 used? Use it before or after PBL cleansing lotion. Or instead of?

Thanks again!

Post Thanks / Like

Menzerna 3800 is an ultra fine polish.

Your better served using 3500 as your polish and then applying the PBL Sealant. 3500 has a bit more polishing ability in it than 3800 while finishing up LSP ready. 3800 has less polishing ability than 3500.

You wont need the cleansing lotion after polishing with either Menzerna product. You can go straight to applying the PBL Sealant after wipeoff of the polish.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike@DedicatedPerfection View Post

You wont need the cleansing lotion after polishing with either Menzerna product. You can go straight to applying the PBL Sealant after wipeoff of the polish.
    Whoa.... really? .... is that same with FG400 and etc other polishes by menzerna?

I been going through whole car with McKeey's coating prep before LSP this whole time D: D: D:
    Please like my page

Jae @ ONYX Detail Garage

Post Thanks / Like

Let me offer what i like to do.

I use Menzerna products a LOT and always use Car Pro Eraser for a final wipe down before applying an LSP. May just be me but i like to insure i have removed anything left behind on the paint. I use a perfectly clean MF towel and GENTLY wipe the entire vehicle with Eraser...takes me maybe 10-15 mins and gives me just that extra peace of mind the paint is relatively free of any residual compounds, polishes etc. I may have missed before laying down whatever LSP i'm using last. I do not go around the vehicle with a machine and a "paint cleaner" after Menzerna. In my mind it's unecessary.

I will also add that i almost always use either 3800 or 3500 after i've rough cut with FG400. I say almost always because i have used 400 alone and gone straight to LSP on rare occassions. My Eraser effort is only done just prior to LSP i.e. after my second step is done (400/3500, 3800) or after my single step with 400. Again, it takes almost no time at all to quickly wipe down before LSP.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by choijw2 View Post
    Whoa.... really? .... is that same with FG400 and etc other polishes by menzerna?

I been going through whole car with McKeey's coating prep before LSP this whole time D: D: D:
    I think what the poster and some may be missing is the fact he's applying the Black Label Synergy Sealant and not the paint coating. When applying sealants, I've always gone from the polish straight to the LSP with no ill effects.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast