PDA

View Full Version : Pros, how long do you take to do a "full detail" on a sedan?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Bill1234
02-10-2016, 07:56 PM
I have a very good friend who got a sedan for a method of transport. Hyundai sonata I think (not familiar with Hyundai). It gets little care but it is not totally hammered. I will probably go with a foam soak with a gun, two bucket wash with grit guards and mitt/maxi suds, rinse and then clay with onr or car soap.

Polishing will probably be needed but lightly. Want to try out HD adapt on a red meguiars microfiber pad.

Eventually I might want to ipa wipe down but dont know how to do this in terms of ipa strength.

Probably will put meguiars paint protect on then collinite 476s.

Interior should just need a vaccum and light cleaning and 303 protectant.

I dont know how long this should take and payment from the friend would be zero so no wage is really needed. Just how much time should a full detail take roughly?

rustytruck
02-10-2016, 08:01 PM
It depends what you have for equipment. It would take me between 3 1/2 and 4 1/2 hrs depending on condition. By full detail I'm referring to my deluxe detail.

Bill1234
02-10-2016, 08:04 PM
It depends what you have for equipment. It would take me between 3 1/2 and 4 1/2 hrs depending on condition. By full detail I'm referring to my deluxe detail.

I have everything except a steam cleaner and a power washer. I definitely can work at it and will go as fast as possible.

The Guz
02-10-2016, 08:20 PM
One thing I forgot to mention when you PMed me is that paint protect has a cure time on the back label. I believe it is 24 hours.

Bill1234
02-10-2016, 08:21 PM
One thing I forgot to mention when you PMed me is that paint protect has a cure time on the back label. I believe it is 24 hours.

Right, just thought of that, bit interesting. Maybe just double layer collinite?

Setec Astronomy
02-10-2016, 08:21 PM
Why are you concerned with how long it should take you if you're not getting paid for it?

Is your friend going to help you?

Bill1234
02-10-2016, 08:22 PM
Why are you concerned with how long it should take you if you're not getting paid for it?

Is your friend going to help you?

Im concerned only because I want to be efficient in work time and not spend too long. Just also seeing the industry time.

Friend could help if he wants

Cabrio
02-10-2016, 08:25 PM
Does that include claying the car? How many polishing steps are included in your deluxe detail?

Setec Astronomy
02-10-2016, 08:29 PM
Im concerned only because I want to be efficient in work time and not spend too long. Just also seeing the industry time.

Friend could help if he wants

I just don't see how it's relevant how long a pro takes to do the same work in this situation. You've started many threads about how long a detail should take, and to me it's only relevant if you are getting paid and you have to hit a certain price point, if you take too long you can't make a living...but that's not this situation.

If you're trying to tell your friend how long you're going to have the car, well, ok, but what if you can't do it in the time a pro detailer takes? Why are you doing this detail, was it your idea, or his?

rustytruck
02-10-2016, 08:29 PM
Does that include claying the car? How many polishing steps are included in your deluxe detail?

Yes, clay. All in one product.

Bill1234
02-10-2016, 08:31 PM
I just don't see how it's relevant how long a pro takes to do the same work in this situation. You've started many threads about how long a detail should take, and to me it's only relevant if you are getting paid and you have to hit a certain price point, if you take too long you can't make a living...but that's not this situation.

If you're trying to tell your friend how long you're going to have the car, well, ok, but what if you can't do it in the time a pro detailer takes? Why are you doing this detail, was it your idea, or his?

I feel its relevant as I dont want to take too long to complete the work and keep the car all day. Why does who asked concern you?

custmsprty
02-10-2016, 08:32 PM
Hit it with AIO HD Speed and call it a day. Why invest more than a couple hours max for a car that's nothing more than transportation and you're not getting paid for the job.

Joe@NextLevelDetail
02-10-2016, 08:33 PM
All depends on how bad it is, if your doing light polish or full paint correction.

So many variables

Bill1234
02-10-2016, 08:35 PM
Hit it with AIO HD Speed and call it a day. Why invest more than a couple hours max for a car that's nothing more than transportation and you're not getting paid for the job.

Its a friend, I really could not care on how much work I have to do.

7.3powerstroke
02-10-2016, 08:36 PM
If you have some extra chemicals that you dont really like, but dont want to throw away, excellent opportunity to use them. Dont worry about how long it takes, just have fun.