PDA

View Full Version : Wolfgang DGPS question

klumzypinoy
09-22-2007, 05:10 AM
For Wolfgang DGPS, it says to let cure for 12 hours. It's not necessary to wait 24 hours then, right? THanks in advance! :buffing: I like these new smileys!

Gary Sword
09-22-2007, 05:38 AM
I was told it should cure for at least 12 hours. I usually wait 24 hours. Some people have said the product is not that durable. I think the durability factor might relate to the cure time. I have found the product to be quite durable and it looks great. It's one of my favorite products.

justin_murphy
09-22-2007, 06:02 AM
I used it on my wife's van after polishing with 106. I know that it cured for at least 10 hours in the daylight since I did it in the morning. I got 3 months visible durability out of it. Pretty nice looks too.

ScottB
09-22-2007, 07:03 AM
most sealants should see 8-12 hours of curing outside of water when possible. It is for the best durability. That said, I have topped several after 4 hours with no issues personally. Got do as time permits !

overthehill
09-22-2007, 07:39 AM
Don't do a lot of detailing other than the "garage queen" I have all the pinnacle product line and like the Klasse twins. Need advive on how to proceed on a new car (1 day old) Car will be outside 24/7 and winter is on the way.

Many thanks

ScottB
09-22-2007, 07:45 AM
Don't do a lot of detailing other than the "garage queen" I have all the pinnacle product line and like the Klasse twins. Need advive on how to proceed on a new car (1 day old) Car will be outside 24/7 and winter is on the way.

Many thanks

Klasse twins with a pinnacle topper should easily get you thru the winter. I still suggest washing --- claying --- polishing ---protecting as possible. If no appreciable swirls then paint cleansing (Klasse AIO) versus polishing will likely surfice.

ScottB
09-22-2007, 07:45 AM

Many thanks

Klasse twins with a pinnacle topper should easily get you thru the winter. I still suggest washing --- claying --- polishing ---protecting as possible. If no appreciable swirls then paint cleansing (Klasse AIO) versus polishing will likely surfice.

Reddwarf
09-22-2007, 08:27 AM
Klumzy, I'd let it cure the 12 hours. When I put it on my car I let it sit in the garage overnight and then applied a second coat again letting it sit overnight. It made it rather inconvenient to apply but the results were great and it lasted for several months. WDGS is an excellent product. The only downside is the wait time.
:wave:

supercharged
09-22-2007, 08:48 AM
For Wolfgang DGPS, it says to let cure for 12 hours. It's not necessary to wait 24 hours then, right? THanks in advance! :buffing: I like these new smileys!
12 hours should be enough cure time for DGPS. Regions that have higher humidity will require up to 24 hours of cure time...Klasse SG defenetely needs 24 hours cure time for best durability.

gary26
09-22-2007, 01:39 PM
How would you know if it didn't get the proper cure time. Would there be some sort of clouding when you waxed over it. Or would it just effect the durablilty of the sealant. I'm just trying to know what to look for.

klumzypinoy
09-22-2007, 03:22 PM
Great thanks for the feedback everyone! Just wanted to be on the safe side :). 12 hours seems good enough then.