PDA

View Full Version : Menzerna: Successfully confusing me

Pages : [1] 2

roguerobot
08-27-2015, 08:26 PM
Whats up with Menzerna? Its hard enough figuring out the difference between many of their products, but it seems they have changed the names several times, even while the old and newer? names still persist.

Interested in a light polish as well as a sealant for my BMW with hard or maybe even Ceramic paint. But dang if I can figure out what product is best, mostly because they changed the names, and declare a newer product to be the 'new and improved' version. Whoever is in charge of marketing needs to find a new line of work:

What was Nano Polish PO106A became Super Finish SF4000, but just now is called Super Finish SF3500...I think. I was interested in SF4500, but for the life of me I can find out what that is now called.

Which are formulated for Ceramic Paint?

Am I the only one confused here?

MIsnowman
08-27-2015, 08:40 PM
Have you looked on the AG store site? I wasn't aware that there were newer versions of these polishes, but it looks like they are explained in pretty good detail in the store. It shows SF3800 as being the new/improved version of SF4500 and like you noted, SF3500 as the upgrade of SF4000. Their naming/numbering system is confusing for sure, but I think they do a decent job describing what each product is intended to be used for.

AnthonyGXP
08-27-2015, 08:41 PM
4500 is now 3800. Menzerna is moving to a world wide color coding system.

BMW435
08-27-2015, 10:07 PM

custmsprty
08-27-2015, 10:07 PM
Whats up with Menzerna? Its hard enough figuring out the difference between many of their products, but it seems they have changed the names several times, even while the old and newer? names still persist.

Interested in a light polish as well as a sealant for my BMW with hard or maybe even Ceramic paint. But dang if I can figure out what product is best, mostly because they changed the names, and declare a newer product to be the 'new and improved' version. Whoever is in charge of marketing needs to find a new line of work:

What was Nano Polish PO106A became Super Finish SF4000, but just now is called Super Finish SF3500...I think. I was interested in SF4500, but for the life of me I can find out what that is now called.

Which are formulated for Ceramic Paint?

Just go with HD Cut and HD Polish and top it with HD Poxy. You'll save money and get amazing results.

I did this BMW with HD Speed and HD Poxy:

3D Professional Detailing Products, HD car care, 3D HD (http://www.autogeek.net/3d-car-care-products.html)

http://i1075.photobucket.com/albums/w421/custmsprty/BMW1_zpsysrd58bv.jpg (http://s1075.photobucket.com/user/custmsprty/media/BMW1_zpsysrd58bv.jpg.html)

dlc95
08-27-2015, 10:15 PM
It was a disappointment as I just gotten used to their system. I even liked the sleek, professional look of the labels...

Then again M100/M205, and I'm good..

FG400, and SF 4000 are a fantastic combination though.

Setec Astronomy
08-27-2015, 10:34 PM

Holy cow, no, you're not.

shagnat
08-29-2015, 08:35 AM
dang! now I've got to remember all these new numbers !!!

Setec Astronomy
08-29-2015, 08:45 AM
It's funny, I understand how they went from product numbers that had no relation to the function, to a "grit-based" system, where people can numerically compare say, a compound to a finish polish, but it's just silly to now slightly tweak the numbers and descriptions so that every product has a different name than it did 2 years ago--either they should have done it that way in the first place, or just live with it the way it was.

As confusing as this is for us, how much of a pain must this buy for the distributors? They've got to change all their product pages, all the references of "follow this up with SF4500...er...or 3800...or something" not to mention the inventory issues of mixed stock etc. etc. It's just dumb.

Horace01
08-29-2015, 08:54 AM
And the cost of new labelling, packaging, associated merchandise and marketing will inevitably be passed onto the customer....

MIsnowman
08-29-2015, 08:55 AM
It's funny, I understand how they went from product numbers that had no relation to the function, to a "grit-based" system, where people can numerically compare say, a compound to a finish polish, but it's just silly to now slightly tweak the numbers and descriptions so that every product has a different name than it did 2 years ago--either they should have done it that way in the first place, or just live with it the way it was.

As confusing as this is for us, how much of a pain must this buy for the distributors? They've got to change all their product pages, all the references of "follow this up with SF4500...er...or 3800...or something" not to mention the inventory issues of mixed stock etc. etc. It's just dumb.

I agree 100%. It seems like it would have been better to just phase in the new/improved products under the same names. Just tweak the formulas a little here and there and keep the name the same. Meguiars does it all the time. Besides, with the way their products perform I don't see how they could've made any major improvements, but I could be wrong.

On the other hand, there might be some great deals to be had on the "old" versions of these products. :)

Billy Baldone
08-29-2015, 08:58 AM
I love Menzerna products, I have just about every single product offered by them. And the question I ask myself now, is why? I love FG400. My go to compound. I'm just not quite sure about everything between that and 400o is necessary. Those pesky side pillars on every damn Ford vehicle is taken care of by 4500 and a black pad. I understand that 2500 works as a decent AIO. But I think 3in1 is a spectacular AIO. They have just made it difficult to get on board with all of their, sometimes confusing, products. Especially when a company like HD is doing it easier, and cheaper, with about the same results. And then you have Griots Garage, with a color matched system just like Rupes. I liked FG400 better than Fast Correcting cream though. Personal preference I guess. When I am out of all of my Menzerna products, or I sell them off. I will be looking to go with a much more simplified product line for my very small detail business I run out of my home. I want to keep loving Menzerna, but they have made it difficult over the past couple of years with the name changes that are not much easier to differentiate than before. So, Flat Top here I come.

FUNX650
08-29-2015, 09:43 AM
4500 is now 3800.
Menzerna is moving to a world wide color coding system.
Does this mean I should also keep a look-out for the
conversion-tables between the Chinese Yuan, and the USD?

Bob

Mike Honcho
08-29-2015, 12:05 PM
...Or I sell them off....

I'll take them!!!

Haha!!!

Billy Baldone
08-29-2015, 12:25 PM
Pm me i have full new 32oz bottles