PDA

View Full Version : Looking for leather cleaner and conditioner

Pages : [1] 2

BrianMcLeod
11-29-2014, 11:01 AM
As it states above I'm looking for some leather care products. I am trying to buy something before the sell ends. Let me know what yall use and like! Thanks everybody for the help!

JMP
11-29-2014, 11:23 AM
Just bought Pinnacle leather cleaner and Pinnacle leather conditioner for service work...I like Pinnacle Black Label in our personal autos....

PA DETAILER
11-29-2014, 11:23 AM
Again, i love the DP LEATHER CLEANER & CONDITIONER. I have been using this on the xterra since new. And i like the fact it's a AIO for leather.

Detailer's Leather Cleaner and Conditioner, auto leather cleaner, car leather conditioner, best leather cleaner conditioner (http://www.autogeek.net/dp-leather-cleaner-conditioner.html)

FUNX650
11-29-2014, 11:38 AM
You really want a leather cleaner,
and a leather protector---not a leather conditioner.

This is what I always use...and always will recommend:
Leather Master Car Leather Protection & Cleaner Kit, Leather Master Ink Away Ink Remover, ink lifter, leather cleaner, leather protection (http://www.autogeek.net/leather-master-kit-ink-away.html)

Bob

Jlt23
11-29-2014, 11:56 AM
^^^ I agree with Bob, but I use the strong cleaner instead of the soft.

BrianMcLeod
11-29-2014, 12:38 PM
How long will that stuff last?

How often should I clean and protect my leather?

Also I plan on doing some clients cars but I could get something separate

mhoran89
12-02-2014, 09:31 PM
I swear by chemical guys leather cleaner. It's clear and is easily diluted. Takes lipstick, coffee, baked in pen ink, and more out. Their leather conditioner is quite good as well. But as many have stated a leather "protector / coating" would serve you better in terms of water and stain resistance along with UV protection.

allenk4
12-02-2014, 10:58 PM
I have also tried the CG Extreme Leather Cleaner and found that Optimum Power Clean at 10:1 was a much more effective cleaner

The Guz
12-03-2014, 04:18 AM
I'm going to throw Mothers into the mix. These work very well.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/61125-mother-s-leathertech.html

mhoran89
12-03-2014, 09:17 AM
I have also tried the CG Extreme Leather Cleaner and found that Optimum Power Clean at 10:1 was a much more effective cleaner

Is optimum power clean specifically made for leather?

Pureshine
12-03-2014, 11:01 AM
I use 1z deep plastic cleaner to cleaner leather which is made to clean treated leather and then use sonax leather foam after. If you a great coating for treated leather I use Cquartz new leather coating very easy to apply.

allenk4
12-03-2014, 11:25 AM
Is optimum power clean specifically made for leather?

No

It is very effective on coated leather

DetailKitty
12-03-2014, 11:30 AM
I recently bought Pinnacle leather Cleaner and the Conditioner for the new car.
The sets sucked the conditioner up like there was no tomorrow.

I'll have to see how it lasts/works out and will let you know.

beamerstrumpet
12-03-2014, 01:01 PM
I like SCG VooDoo leather conditioner and cleaner

mhoran89
12-03-2014, 01:08 PM
I use 1z deep plastic cleaner to cleaner leather which is made to clean treated leather and then use sonax leather foam after. If you a great coating for treated leather I use Cquartz new leather coating very easy to apply.

How has your experience been w the CQuartz? Any other thoughts than being easy to apply? Durability, beading, stain resistance? Something that's set and forget (for a year or more) other than a quick wipedown every month with a mild cleaner would be the golden ticket. There hasn't been many reviews on it.... And I've looked fairly hard.