PDA

View Full Version : Critique my logo, please.

Pages : [1] 2

kochdalton87
04-09-2014, 06:42 PM
I recently hired a designer through fiverr to complete a logo and got it back today. Originally I had instructed the designer to not use a car silhouette in the logo but I guess he misunderstood, no big deal. I'm allowed several revisions so if you guys have any recommendations I would love hearing them.

As of now I want the color blue lightened up more along the lines of Grabber Blue and the slogan text changed. Any input is appreciated! Thanks ahead of time.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/Logo_JPEG.jpg (http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/74430)

04-09-2014, 06:45 PM
I like it! imo remove "get a" and have "Showroom shine, every time!"

Just02896
04-09-2014, 06:48 PM

I agree, otherwise looks fantastic! :-)

Blaze5154
04-09-2014, 07:10 PM
I like it but contrary to the two previous opinions I would only omit the "get" and have it stated "A Showroom Shine, Everytime"

brondondolon
04-09-2014, 07:20 PM
I'm going to be honest. I personally don't like it. I feel like it's missing something. It just doesn't pop to me. Are you doing it your self or are you having some one design it? Please don't take my opinion the wrong way. If you didn't like my logo I would hope you would tell me instead of told me what I wanted to hear.

In my opinion since your name I'd divine I would go with an elegant font in a color like glossy black and gold or silver. Or possibly a lip stick red. If you are set on that font though I'd drop the color transition and add a 3D effect to add depth to it.

These are just my opinions. I'm sure there are people out there that think my logo and site is the ugliest thing they have ever seen. So if you are set on that design and are happy with it then don't let my opinion affect you. If you need help on getting a logo done for $5 check out fiverr.com they do good work imo and for $5 you can't beat it. They did my logo and I think it came out good. If you want to check it out my site is nolimitsdetailing.com

Hope my constructive criticism helps and if I can help in any other way don't hesitate to ask :)

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AG Online

kochdalton87
04-09-2014, 07:34 PM

I agree, otherwise looks fantastic! :-)

I like it but contrary to the two previous opinions I would only omit the "get" and have it stated "A Showroom Shine, Everytime"

I agree with you guys. I think I'm going to have him remove "Get" from the slogan. Thanks for the input.

I'm going to be honest. I personally don't like it. I feel like it's missing something. It just doesn't pop to me. Are you doing it your self or are you having some one design it? Please don't take my opinion the wrong way. If you didn't like my logo I would hope you would tell me instead of told me what I wanted to hear.

In my opinion since your name I'd divine I would go with an elegant font in a color like glossy black and gold or silver. Or possibly a lip stick red. If you are set on that font though I'd drop the color transition and add a 3D effect to add depth to it.

These are just my opinions. I'm sure there are people out there that think my logo and site is the ugliest thing they have ever seen. So if you are set on that design and are happy with it then don't let my opinion affect you. If you need help on getting a logo done for $5 check out fiverr.com they do good work imo and for $5 you can't beat it. They did my logo and I think it came out good. If you want to check it out my site is nolimitsdetailing.com

Hope my constructive criticism helps and if I can help in any other way don't hesitate to ask :)

I agree with you on most of your points. When I opened the file it didn't have that wow factor. I am liking the idea of an embossed/3D effect on the company name and possibly the car outline. I like the font but I think it could use some work in terms of color. It was created on fiverr by "logogallery". Who designed yours? Thanks for the input.

WillWashesCars
04-09-2014, 07:51 PM
I agree, simplify the slogan, Otherwise it looks fantastic and legible.

g35_coupe
04-09-2014, 08:44 PM
I agree on simplifying the slogan as well. Otherwise, it sounds like a product slogan (car wax, hardwood floor cleaner, etc.). I've seen some fancy and sleek car logos and some bad ones. This one is not terrible but it seems a little tall. I think it may be him just fitting the font inside. On a side note, if you specifically asked for him NOT to use a car silhouette, I'd bring that up right away.

Loser
04-09-2014, 09:13 PM
I think the car silhouette should be one color, the gradient seems forced and like an afterthought to try and tie in the gray. Maybe the car one color and the text another to give better contrast, especially if the logo needs to be printed in black and white for whatever reason.

brondondolon
04-09-2014, 11:09 PM
I agree with you guys. I think I'm going to have him remove "Get" from the slogan. Thanks for the input.

I agree with you on most of your points. When I opened the file it didn't have that wow factor. I am liking the idea of an embossed/3D effect on the company name and possibly the car outline. I like the font but I think it could use some work in terms of color. It was created on fiverr by "logogallery". Who designed yours? Thanks for the input.

Here is a link to the guy that did mine. design a professional LOGO for your Business And Website - fiverr (http://www.fiverr.com/graphicforest/design-a-professional-logo-for-your-business-and-website)

I will add though now looking at it with a computer its not as bad to me as it was on my phone. What i would change would shorten the height of it and go with a solid color on the car silhouette.

jem7sk
04-10-2014, 06:29 AM
It seems to me that everyone using this site is getting a logo that is very similar.

KMG
04-10-2014, 06:38 AM
Dalton,
We can chat tonight when you stop over to pick up my Rupes. I don't know what your spending on this, however I could speak to my wife and she might be able to design something for you? She is a graphic designer and made my logo. I don't want to sound mean, but that logo looks very plain/boring.

Photecs
04-10-2014, 09:01 AM
I'm with KMG. I went to school for Graphic Design myself... and while I didn't end up choosing that path for a career, (again, just being honest) the logo you're showing us is something that could have been done in about 5-6 mintues.

I agree that there's quite a few logos on this site along that have the silhouette of a car as the logo... and that's just on this site.

Use the name of your company with a different font, and use some HD image in the background that shows off "shine", since that's what you're trying to tell people you do.
Always to back to the K.I.S.S. method.. and with design, less is more.

I can see your business card being your name done in chrome lettering on a shiny black backgroud... that would look great.

brondondolon
04-10-2014, 03:42 PM
Dalton,
We can chat tonight when you stop over to pick up my Rupes. I don't know what your spending on this, however I could speak to my wife and she might be able to design something for you? She is a graphic designer and made my logo. I don't want to sound mean, but that logo looks very plain/boring.

If KMG will hook you up with a logo go for it. His logo is what inspired mine.

kochdalton87
04-10-2014, 09:27 PM
I submitted several revisions to the designer and he came back with a better but not perfect logo. I will be making future revisions to it, some of which you guys have mentioned.

Kevin, it was nice meeting you tonight. I may take you up on the offer although my price for this logo was very low and I'll let it ride out and see where it goes. If I'm not happy with the end result I will definitely be contacting you and go from there. As of now may payment has been processed ($25, includes source files) so I'm not out a large amount of money. Thanks for your generous offer.

I will be asking for embossing to be added to several elements and the gradient in the silhouette will also be deleted. It's coming along, much better than what it started to be, but still not to my standards. Thank you for all your insight. If you have anything else to add I am open to any suggestions.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/Logo_JPEG1.jpg (http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/74533)