PDA

View Full Version : Quick Detailing Products

Pages : [1] 2

CoachSteve
04-06-2014, 09:44 PM
Im new to the site..thx for the help. Ive just bought a new car and Im using P21S carnuba wax, started out using the wheel cleaner in the mid '80's. Ive seen many brands of "quick wax" or "speed shine" does this kind of products mess up the waxing? I plan on waxing every 4 to 5 weeks, if you do recommend this kind of product, there are many on the market, what do you recommend?

Kamakaz1961
04-06-2014, 09:53 PM
My favorite quick detailers (IMO) is Blackfire Wet Diamond Polymer Spray and Sonax BSD. These are my go to QD's and they do not harm the wax on your vehicle...in fact it will help prolong the shine. As for a Spray wax...I use Optimum Spray Wax. That wax is great!! I have heard but have not tried (will be very soon) is Duragloss Aqua Wax. I am sure there are other QD's and Spray Waxes that would do the same job, however, I am sure the majority of the people in this thread would agree that the products I mention are pretty good and should do well on your vehicle. Give them a try and I am sure you will not be disappointed.

nubaseal
04-06-2014, 09:57 PM
After getting my hands on Sonax BSD, pretty much all other spray waxes, spray sealants and QDs are sitting untouched in my garage. That stuff is epic.

jamesboyy
04-06-2014, 10:16 PM
Welcome to autogeek, another vote for Blackfire Wet Diamond Polymer Spray its amazing though if money is tight one of the otc meguiars spray waxes are pretty good too

Bunky
04-07-2014, 10:49 AM
Welcome !! Another consideration is Pinnacle XMT Spray Wax - applies as easy or easier than a detail spray.

van185
04-07-2014, 10:57 AM
I like Chemical Guys V7. Amazing stuff. Poorboys Spary and Glosss is great stufff too.

Quiksilver5882
04-07-2014, 11:01 AM
I like Meguiar's D156

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
04-07-2014, 11:13 AM
Hi Steve, welcome to AGO!

Meguiar's 156 is good stuff. Incredible value for the money.

TundraPower
04-07-2014, 11:56 AM
Wizards Mist N Shine Professional.

07gtcs
04-07-2014, 03:22 PM
If you amp up with a spray wax after each or every other wash, you may not need to wax as often. Find one you like and use it often.

CoachSteve
04-07-2014, 05:15 PM
Guys thx for the help. A few more questions, is quick detailer the same as spray wax? And is spray wax the same effort as putting on the P21S paste wax? And if they are different should I use spray wax or use the quick detailer? Which is better and for what reason?

BobbyG
04-07-2014, 05:41 PM
:welcome: To Autogeek Online Steve!! :props:

Well, as you can see, our members are quick to step up with great suggestions and products and product selections are almost endless...

Buying a new car is something we never forget and keeping it looking new is everyone's goal...and for the price we pay it makes all the sense in the world...

A spray wax will boost the durability and shine of any sealant or wax applied.

If you'd like some product suggestions that perform, take a look at these. I will guarantee they will not disappoint...

Wash - Duragloss #901
Clay - Meguiar's
Finishing Polish - Meguiar's Ultimate Polish
Sealant - Wolfgang Deep Gloss Liquid Seal
Wax - PS21 100%
Spray Wax - Optimum Car Wax
Wheel Cleaner - PoorBoy's World Spray & Rinse
Tire Treatment - CarPro PERL
Wheel Protectant - Optimum Opti-Coat 2.0
Trim Protectant - CarPro DLux
All Purpose Cleaner - Optimum Power Clean
Glass Cleaner - Meguiar's Glass Cleaner
Glass Treatment - Aquapel
Interior Protectant - Meguiar's M40

Becciasm
04-07-2014, 05:41 PM
Guys thx for the help. A few more questions, is quick detailer the same as spray wax? And is spray wax the same effort as putting on the P21S paste wax? And if they are different should I use spray wax or use the quick detailer? Which is better and for what reason?

Spray waxes, compared to their liquid and paste could departs require little to no effort. Spray, spread, buff.

Search on the forums for the ma y differences and uses for both spray wax and QDs.

as far as quick detailers, my go to currently is Chemical Guys Extreme Synthetic Quick Retailer, followed closely by FK 125, then by whatever is on hand.

http://www.autogeekmobile.net/chemical-guys-extreme-synthetic-acrylic-detailer.html

Sent from my VS840 4G using AG Online

Kamakaz1961
04-07-2014, 06:05 PM

A quick Detailer is different from a spray wax. A quick Detailer would be like Sonax BSD or Blackfire Wet Diamond Polymer Spray....my 2 favorites. There are many other brands of QD's you may prefer. This is used more for removing very light dust. It also can be used for a quick shine too. They are not spray waxes. Confusing, huh?

A spray wax is more of an extra quick coat of protection. This is usually put on when the car has been cleaned and a final step.

It can be a QD to many, however, a Quick Detailer would be a better choice.

I have both a QD and a spray wax. I like Optimum Spray Wax.....that one is awesome!!

:buffing:

CoachSteve
04-07-2014, 08:05 PM
Guys…BobbyG…thx so much for the quick response..this is great. Ive been a Pop Warner youth football coach since 1998…I needed a new hobby so I purchased a new Boxster S..its lots of fun…just one more question please. When do I use the quick detailer vs. the spray wax…or does it matter, possibly a personal preference?